Looking for good mid level gaming rig kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
I am helping a friend build a mid level gaming PC for under $400-500. He has a monitor, mouse, and key board. Does anyone know of a good site to find kits like this or ready to go towers around this price range?

Basically just a normal system with a decent enough video card that can play most new games, even on low to medium settings, PCI Express slot is good for future upgrade potential, needs a DVD player or burner, wifi network card, 1-2 GB RAM minimum, HDD size doesn't matter for the most part. It will have XP Pro.

The only place I have checked so far is Tiger Direct, they have some kits around $200, plus the few additional hardware pieces and it would be around $300. My bud may get a 7 or 8 series GeForce card if money permits but if not then a decent 3D capable onboard video will be needed.

Again the main thing is just that it can play a good selection of current games, even on low settings but have room to expand in the future.

Thanks,

Thanks for the info I will check that out and see if a manual build would work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom