PSU. 12v rails

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very reassuring then, I might just go with my original pick. You don't have to do any type of load management though correct? Because I read in a recent topic on here that if you have many 12v rails you have to do load management or something like that.

I wouldn't bother getting the 9800GTX+ by the way, the GTS 250 is coming out soon for less money, and it's basically a rebranded 9800GTX+ with the option of either 512 or 1gb of VRAM. The 250 slightly outperforms the 9800 there, and it only requires one PCI-E connector, since it uses less power.

How do you actually know the 250 will perform better than a 9800gtx+ if it's not out?

But just to get on track, not load managing necessary for multiple 12v connectors? i will eventually go quad core once those things come down in price.

How do you actually know the 250 will perform better than a 9800gtx+ if it's not out?

Reviewers have already been given them to review, and they've benchmarked them and such. Hexus.net put one up recently.

I did some research. The 1GB version still did a little worse than the 9800 gtx+. they were almost the same, the only time it was better was at incredibly high resolutions, which I don't game at anyways. I think I'm going to try to get a 260/216 from the buy/sell area of the forum.

Still though, this is off track and am still wondering about my psu question.

I already answered this earlier but I have never heard of anybody having to do any sort of load management. It will be fine right out of the box. I think load management is only for people who are really into customizing exactly everything for overclocking.

All right thanks, not that I was doubting your knowledge, I just like 2nd and 3rd and 4th and as many opinions as I can get lol. sorry for the trouble

Well all is settled then. But I just want one last opinion.

My current rig is in my sig, but will my new intel build really be that much of an improvement, is going dual core right back to another dual core. granted intel is much faster, will I really see much of an increase? I can get all this dirt cheap, but is it worth it?

I want this to last at least 2 years, with all the upgrading I'd have to do is gpu and cpu. Am I better off waiting another year or so for i7 prices to drop? Or with my new build will I be pretty safe for another 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom