Painting inside of case

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father would trip me with his cane and beat me with it if I used a can of spray paint on something like that. :D He was a painter his entire life and has all the equipment I would need to paint anything. Thing is, I'm not into flashy case and such.

I have a black Wave Master and it suits me just fine. My next case won't be flashy... but it won't have a door over the drives, either.

My father would trip me with his cane and beat me with it if I used a can of spray paint on something like that. :D He was a painter his entire life and has all the equipment I would need to paint anything. Thing is, I'm not into flashy case and such.

I have a black Wave Master and it suits me just fine. My next case won't be flashy... but it won't have a door over the drives, either.

lol, funny...but the gun is such an improvement and once you have it there isnt a huge difference in paint prices, alteast with the basics: black, white and silver. After that it can get pricey.

You have a booth as well? That's my issue, have the gun and compressor i bought for doing cases but no booth and taping up the garage over the summer just peeves the misses off...but is worth it :p

Got a full basement at his house, so it would suffice for a booth. ;)

No need for tape. Hang some dropcloths to make your booth and put a box fan under the side facing toward the open garage door. Been there, done that many a time.

Looks like Trotter has done stuff like this a time or two ;)

Its even funner painting cars in an old barn with a dirt floor :D

LAMO, all too true, i painted half my dads car a couple of summers (sister hit a tree :p) ago in his barn, told him to do it outside on a calm day but he said no, go for it....and white of all colors. The paint job looks like 300 grit sandpaper as the old barn is coming apart at the seams and the hay upstairs is decaying through the old floor. funny looking car now, half white half a gritty light gray.

Yeah, for the garage I have two 2'x2' fans that i put at the garage door, i built a ceiling frame out of 2"x2"s and hang blue tarp to keep dust out, all my woodworking and stuff is done in there too so its never perfectly clean and free of dust. works well but but my sons room is over top of the garage and with local building codes the insulation and second ceiling make for a low ceilig so that sucks a bit for hanging things. but works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom