Lagg at high frame rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
ok....i have a 6800 NU and have tried all 5000 drivers from te 61.77 and up

i get like 50-70 fps but it STILL lags.....like it jumps every couple of secs on Far Cry and Doom 3 and Call of Duty and UT2004 and MOH:pacific Assault demo

what the heck is this?????(I WAS A SUCCESFUL UNLOCKER AND NOW HAVE 16 HAPPY PIPELINES...but still get lag....although i now have my record 3dmark03 score and my 63 FPS on doom timedemo!!!!)

WHY THE HECK DOES THIS HAPPEN

such a high frame rate but such CRAPPY performance...thanks
(i knew i should have gotten that 9800 xt for 200 bucks :( )

LCD monitor? if so its prolly just the monitor... or maybe u fuxor'd something up with all the OC'ing.

no.......normal crt monitor.............and it has always been like this before i started ocing

try do not overclock and set all to default see whether still lagging or not. If no more lagging that might mean that some of your hardwares got problem when o/c.

ok, try this... put your monitor at 85hertz frequency... put the game your playing at the same resolution as your desktop, and press alt+enter to play in window'd mode, that way u can test to see if it still happens at a higher frequency.

Doom 3 does that with me too ocasionally. It may just be a game problem, but I dunno. Its definately not your graphics card. Yea, I would do what was said above and set my monitor to a higher frequency. Also, try setting Doom 3 to have above normal priority on your system. This will likely speed things up, as it did for me....

Bring up the task manager, find Doom3 under your processes tab, and right click and one of the options is to set priority.

one guy was having lag with call of duty and after he downloaded directx 9.0c he said the lag was fixed....maybe you should see if you have version c installed already or if you're still at 9.0b

(i knew i should have gotten that 9800 xt for 200 bucks )
psht the 6800 should blow that away...just because you're having whatever issues doesn't mean its the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom