My new build will not turn on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrogasm

Beta member
Hi, I am building my first computer and I an have some difficulties. I got all of my parts and i put everything together but when I turn it on, nothing happens. I dont know why. Everything is new but the hard drive and everything is pluged up.
If anyone could help me it would be very much apriciated. I have put $800 into this so far and i dont want it to go to waste.

What are the specs, and have do you have the power button plugged in correctly?

yeah, make sure you plugged the power button in, it is usually one of the cords hanging from the front of your PC inside....i forgot the color if there is a usual one.

look at the specs for your mobo and figure out where it is located (usually on the bottom) and plug it in :)

next, make sure everything from your PSU is put in correctly...make sure your PSU is plugged in..lol sorry if you think we are treating you like an idiot or w.e but there are some very simply steps :)

I sooo did that with mine and nearly had a panic attack, but remembered "oh wait, this is a NEW PSU, I bet it has a switch in the back!" flipped it and zomgzor didn't know the mobo had a bright WHITE light. lol.

Do you have any lights on the motherboard? Almost all new boards these days have a light indicating they are getting power. If it is, that leads to either the power button not being plugged in, or plugged in backwards or possibly a bad power supply.

My specs are:
Core2 quad Q9550 2.8GHz
680i mobo
650W psu
9800gtx+
2GBs of RAM
and an old 80GB hard drive

I found That my problem was that i had not pluged up the CPU fan. After that I found out that my mobo had a short, so I got a new one.

When it came in I hooked everything up and now when I turn it on a blue light comes on the corner of the motherboard and the fans will run for like 5 seconds, then it will shut off. Nothing ever shows on the monitor. Is it my graphics card maybe?

Hey, i have pretty much the exact same setup, but with 4gb Of ram...and i had exact same problem, after changing the GFX Card, PSU , Motherboard, it was the ram slots. Some mobo's are fussy on which configuration You use. If you'r using two seperate Modules of ram, take one out, and try the one stick in each slot, and post back :)

Hope this helps. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom