PSU. 12v rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
Howdy, I'm trying to get a nice PSU for a good price. My ultra x-finity 500watt has lasted about 2 years with 0 problems and I got it for liek 50 bucks. My max I really want to spend is like 70 before tax and MIRs.

I have picked out this,
Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

But it was like 4 12v rails. The amperage is fine, but it's spread amongst 4 12v rails. Now i've read that this is better, and I've read that this is worse.

I read that you had to do load management or something liek that, and this being my first build I really don't want to have to mess with that. I want to keep it as simple as possible.

So, will that PSU be fine, or should I get something with 1 12v rail?

1 12v rail is the best. I can't remember the exact reasons right now because I'm really tired but 1 solid 12v rail is the way to go. Corsair is really good and PC power & Cooling is the best. You don't have to do any load management or anything

I had seen that one, but will that really be enough watts? I know amps are more important but that seems a little low

It will be perfectly fine. Your system is fairly basic. You don't have a really beefy GPU, and your cpu is pretty minimal. You only have one HDD and one optical. Thats a great PSU.

One problem with that PSU. It only has 1 pci-e connector. just about all cards now a days require two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom