Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji09

Beta member
Hi guys,
Ive never really been the smartest when it comes to PC tweeking and upgrading. Well anyways ive been running on my Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), because of my motherboard(Cuba MS-7301) settings it's impossible to overclock to get the best preformance.

Instead of getting fustrated in trying to OC i'd rather buy a new processor. Does anyone have any suggestions of good processors with a budget of 100£ that is better than my current.

Here is any info you might find handy:

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell BV
System Model: Cuba MS-7301
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 829MB used, 3497MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

Thank you for your posts in advance. :D

Something like this processor? Though that's about £110 including shipping. Much much better than your current.

It appears to me you have a pre-built though, so you might want to keep in mind that changing any of parts may void any warranties, etc.

Prebuilt = no overclocking.

You would do better to replace the motherboard and overclock your current processor. Or replace both mobo and CPU.

I thought about changing my MO, but I just can't be bothered going there. Yamikotai thanks for your suggestion, Ive ordered the processor you shown me, it's much better than my current as you said.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom