*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Don't worry when the time comes I will. I also have an Asus cl2 or something and 2 1.4ghz P3 tulatians. lol much fun to be had.

I'll take the burger king crown now.

k6-2_350_pi.jpg

...for the slowest AMD.

The modded version kept crashing on WinME, so I had to use the 1.1e version.

Get that multi to 4 and you should hit sub 10 second runs. Just get a can of compressed air and use that for your cooling.

;)

nice time hiki, i think that with a little overclocking you will easily be able to beat those i7s :p

I haven't mucked with the BIOS yet...this is in an old AT mobo, haha. The case originally housed a 486, and I thought that's what was still in it...I was looking forward to a half-hour PI time, but no... :[

Let's try to overclock, rofl.

Does it have a unlockled multi? A lot of the really old chips did. Ty that, and if it does get hot seriously consider my ghetto dice approach lol. Not everyone has the cash to have one CnC'ed.

I want to see a 1ghz K-6, that would be epic.

Does it have a unlockled multi? A lot of the really old chips did. Ty that, and if it does get hot seriously consider my ghetto dice approach lol. Not everyone has the cash to have one CnC'ed.

I want to see a 1ghz K-6, that would be epic.

We took an AMD Slot 1 CPU to 1ghz up from about 600 IIRC in my computer tech/repair class in high school.

Left it running when we left class, the fans we had blowing on it fell off in the middle of the night and the comp fried itself lol.

Gotta love the lack of thermal shutdown in the old cpu's.

I also love the voltage you get to pump through them, >2V ftw!

Back
Top Bottom