Pc takes too long to boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong here but a format wouldn't be a fix if it was the bios. Glad to hear about the vga/dvi fix. But for me if I had to do a bios update I would hire it done, luckily I have someone willing to work cheap plus my asus sriker extreme recommends doing it with a floppy which I didn't install on the build. And I also thank Nukem for the easycleaner and would like to add that on the duplicate files scan I had issues twice and luckily when I canceled and restarted they fixed themselves. I'll be leaving the duplicate files alone :)
Where in my comment that you posted did i say format and reinstall? I see you quoted my upgrade BIOS but no where did i say Format and reinstall till after i suggested the BIOS Update. That was one of my first suggestions. My later suggestions were to format and reinstall.

So while you are right if it was teh BIOS a format and reinstall wouldnt work, if he followed my advise step by step, the BIOS update would have been done long before the format and reinstall. So that would rule out the BIOS cause it would be at the latest stable version at that time. ;)

Where in my comment that you posted did i say format and reinstall?
I was cornfused I should have stated , in hindsight, my question as such Does formating fix bios? I read through it again and saw that it appeared like I was questioning your suggestion. Believe me Mac thats not the case I know your the man :) and I was glad and very fortunate to sit on this thread because these type of fixes are truly rare. And thanks for the w7 dvi/hdmi info. I e-mailed to friend whom built mine bc he just e-mailed me about waiting for 7 as I might go 64bit vista, but after being on another friends vista home premium today I realized how long it took me to get around xp an on vista I was stumped. I had a computer salesman from cyber tell me that 64xp is the wrong choice for an i7 build bc vista64 doesn't have the issues. Is this true?

I heard for 64 bit os' you need a compatible processor. Is this true?

I was thinking of updating to 7 or 64 bit xp. I would have gone vista but just dont like its layout to much. I also hate the fact that you cant right click on a folder and search the folder.

I was cornfused I should have stated , in hindsight, my question as such Does formating fix bios? I read through it again and saw that it appeared like I was questioning your suggestion. Believe me Mac thats not the case I know your the man :) and I was glad and very fortunate to sit on this thread because these type of fixes are truly rare. And thanks for the w7 dvi/hdmi info. I e-mailed to friend whom built mine bc he just e-mailed me about waiting for 7 as I might go 64bit vista, but after being on another friends vista home premium today I realized how long it took me to get around xp an on vista I was stumped. I had a computer salesman from cyber tell me that 64xp is the wrong choice for an i7 build bc vista64 doesn't have the issues. Is this true?
XP X64 is not that bad of a OS. But before you even think of doing it. Check your driver support. XP X64 has very limited driver support for newer components. I would say if the option is there most definately Vista 64 SP1 or wait till Win7.

As for your Format/BIOS question. No. A Format will not fix the BIOS. The BIOS is separate from the hard drives and a format will not fix the BIOS. Clearing the CMOS is the best option for that.

I heard for 64 bit os' you need a compatible processor. Is this true?

I was thinking of updating to 7 or 64 bit xp. I would have gone vista but just dont like its layout to much. I also hate the fact that you cant right click on a folder and search the folder.
Yes to go to 64 Bit your CPU must be able to do 64 Bit. No other way around it.

If you dont like Vista you might not like Win7. As it is still heavily based on Vista.

Theres 2 features of vista I dont like and they are:

1. I cant right click on a folder and search it
2. Vista is slow.

but from what I've heard 64bit vista is fast. So I want to get it. Do you have 64bit vista? if so any feedback?

No you cant right click on a folder and search it cause they have a new search feature in Vista which is the same in Win7. So you wont like that part of 7 as well.

Vista isnt slow. I have had no issues running it on a P4 3.4GHz PC for the past 2 years. But i know i am a freak of nature in that aspect....

There are threads all over the forum with regards to Vista 64 Bit. Search them out. They will hold your answers.

Just a quick question.

Im a PC noob so I dont know much.

I have avast anti-virus professional. It says it has anti-spyware built in with avast. Should I get anti-spyware software. If so which is the best?

Hey guys,

The problem of slow bootup happened again 5 mins ago. It booted up slow so I turned off the pc turned off all power from power point. Disconnected my DVI cable from pc and monitor and re-connected it and it booted up fine. Does anyone have any ideas on why this happened or is happening?

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here but in Ccleaner under the Advanced box are options that if checked and erased then the OS has to "relearn" certain links and OS written programs to help the user operate more smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom