new motherboard, no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
well, as the topic states ive just rebuilt my PC with a new motherboard, made sure all the connections are in properly, ive started it up and at first, it was showing picture through my monitor and 4870 but when i was booting up i kept on getting BSOD's, so i tried restarting the comp and after the restart i havnt had any picture on my monitor, the motherboard is an asus 780a sli.

have you tried resetting the cmos, check to see that the cmos battery is not dead. also try one stick of ram at a time.

get a multimeter and read the voltage, it should be about 3V, if i remember correctly. to reset the cmos there should be a jumper on the mobo and all you will have to do is short it out. heck your board might even have a button to reset it.

sorry to sound like an utter retard but i dont know anything about what your saying, i think your gonna need to show me a picture of the jumper and explain how to short it if you could that would be great, thanks.

it's ok ;) we were a bunch of noobs at one point too.

look in your mobo manual under table of contents and look for some thing like CMOS reset. try that first. then try booting up with only one stick of ram in at a time.

and just to make sure, cause i'm a little slow too, you are saying that as soon as you turn the pc on it BSOD once then you restarted and now there is nothing on the monitor AKA it's not posting.

no, i had it all set up first, i could use my PC in the bios etc, but then when i exited the bios and booted up it BSOD after the windows loading thing, so i restarted the pc and then i wasnt getting a picture on my monitor, but all my fans and gfx card are running normal etc, ive tried both the slots on my gfx card, ive tried plugging my monitor into my onboard gfx but that didnt work.

Did you reinstall windows after got your new motherboard? If not it may be too many changes for windows and that's why you are getting BSOD all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom