reputation scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
This might just be me, but the scales for the rep system seem to blend pretty well into the background atm.
Like when I first saw them, I didn't even know they were scales. Iuno, mebbe a colour/color change into something a little more standout-ish like green or dk blue. meh.

I think that they should stand out more as well. Actually, I was thinking more of a title above or below. In my opinion, rep is more important than a post count.

We are working on trying to make the icons all stand out more. As well as ways to make the Rep Blocks be known to be Rep.

To me a scale doesn't even represent reputation. I see what it's trying to do but it just doesn't work.

Can't admins send an email notice to all members informing them of the changes? Similar to the emails related to the professional newsletter?

I agree that the buttons are not the easiest to understand. I was a member on here for months before I noticed the Report Post button on the left, and I agree a scale may not be the best icon for Rep giving.

surgeVel said:
Can't admins send an email notice to all members informing them of the changes? Similar to the emails related to the professional newsletter?
yes, there is an option for that. Thing is I get 5-20 emails a day from bounced "Happy Birthday" greetings in my admin mailbox. there is no way I want 40,000+ bounced emails hitting it.

On another forum they call rep "karma" and have a clickable link underneath every member's karma that says:
"Like my post?
Give me karma!"

I don't know if that's doable or not, but it is a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom