Any "new" computer hardware anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
Hey there, I was out of desktop parts for a long time. For last 2 yrs I was runnin laptops but I got to the point where I need to have good desktop at home. I currently have gateway fx6860 with 8800gts inside, it's a fun lappy but being into mmos it's not enough.
I will b starting buying part by part and I should have the desktop completed around summer time.
But my question is, will there b any major changes in the market, that "new" technology will come out ? I just don't want to start reading about what's on top now and spend days and days researching when new stuff will b out around the corner.
So is there any changes in cpu, gpu, mobo market for new technology or we'r pretty mych stucked with what's out for a long time ?

Well the new intel i7 CPUs just came out along with the new motherboards and RAM to go along with them so you won't be seeing a change in those for a little bit. Maybe some new models but nothing drastic for awhile. GPU, there is pretty much always stuff around the corner there. The GTX 285/95 are the 2 current best from Nvidia and they just came out but the best for ATI is the 4870X2 and I believe they are due for something new in the near future but I don't have any facts on that.

if you're building a system, choose an i7 chip and mobo. Also make sure you invest in a good power supply.

I also recommend you just save up all the money you can and buy all the parts when you have enough. No point in buying something and then you end up getting into financial trouble and youre stuck with some parts and nothing to do with them. Just save up and buy at once. Also you can then make sure you get the newest of whats out at the time. You won't get mistakenly stuck with something that was replaced by the time your build is complete.

I know what u mean, buyin part by part is bad, because by the time u buy last part, your comp is still not finished, and the parts u bought before are probably already cheaper or new stuff is out, lol :)

But I'm just gonna get case, psu, hdds, monitor first......and cpu/gpu/mobo in one shot at the very end.

Oh ok well if you do it that way then it makes sense. That stuff doesn't change too frequently and they stay good for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom