Nvidia's GeForce GTS 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, nvidia also has relesed forceware 182 also. nvidia releses new drivers like every month. i think those benchmarks were done on version 180 or older drivers like that.

Ati also releases new drivers on a very regular basis and that is exactly why the anandtech article is more valid, because it is newer.

^not to mention folding...which isn't big for some people, but the reason i bought the core 216 is because it was way better at folding then the 4870....

The reference nvidia coolers may be better than the reference ati ones but there tend to be more non reference ati cards and most of them have great cooling.

^ i wouldn't include that as a pro towards nvidea, barely any games support physx, and even when they do, it does not do much. Plus it hits on performance when not having a dedicated physx card. Which is actually kinda a con.

ati might win in fps but nvidia drivers>ati drivers...and nvidia coolers>ati coolers

ATI drivers really are not all that bad. Yes CCC may not be all that good but the drivers have been fine. And Nvidia coolers are not that much better the ATI coolers, they are very similar accept ATI's coolers are encased in plastic rather then metal and they don't cover the entire card.

Also ATI's cards are much smaller then Nvidias cards.

:tounge:

it's pretty point less to argue either is better. because tests has proven the gtx 260 and hd 4870 to be pretty equal (minus folding)

I don't think anyone would be disappointed with either card (again, minus folding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom