About the cheapest I can come up with for i7 rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodom

Baseband Member
Case
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-SUPRA G-Type X-SUPRAG-BL Black / Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Case Fan (if you dont like the colors, cut the LED leads... lol, i chose for price perpouses... you can get wutever color you want for about an extra 5-10 bucks)
Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-4C 120mm Multi-Color LED Case Fan - Case Fans

CPU(i7)/MoBo combo
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

GPU
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

PSU (honestly a great deal for the price you pay)
Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

RAM
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

HDD (SATA)
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500AAJS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

DVD
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Subtotal: $961.41
Shipping: $010.55
SHIPPED: $971.96
after MIR($80) -------------------------------> = $891.96

So that leaves room to slowly upgrade... Water Cooler, Better/More RAM, 2nd GPU... wutever you plz! That leaves me kinda ****ed, cuz i thought i could do it for cheaper, but thats still not bad for a i7 build that will run almost any game you got at max lvls on 22" and under... iono about over haha! I'm sure it would still kick some A$$

P.S. if you want to change anything, it may add more to the price than just the paying price difference, because i strategically chose most of the products for either free shipping or MIR, but i still tried to use the better/more reliable brands at the lowest cost. Let me know what you think about the build... if you can cut cost anymore please share.

The hard drive is a little puny for 2009, but otherwise the build is solid.

its enough to get started... plus, most people already have a hd they can add to the build... or just purchase one later when they have the extra cash... but i tried to make the most reasonable build at the cheapest price. Personally, i dont really use too much space on my hd... programs, some pix & music... dont really save vids. iono, wut do you use the space for? (just curious)

thanx GT

I know what you mean... but 250GB seems big enough for me... and if i start to get close to 200 ill just get another and add it later... for 50 bucks? thats a pretty cheap upgrade... haha!

It's not bad, but you really shouldn't build an i7 until you have the money to buy better parts. I wouldn't get the MSI board myself, but it's interesting to see how low you could go to build one on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom