New Asus P5QL motherboard won't work unless bent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberg

Baseband Member
I recently installed an Asus P5QL Pro motherboard into my parents computer, after the previous one conked out. I had determined it was the motherboard by replacing each component with a duplicate from my computer.

Two days after installed the P5QL (everything was running smooth) the motherboard now has a flashing green light (instead of a solid one) unless the bottom right hand corner has pressure applied on it. Obviously, this is quite a concern. Why would the corner of the motherboard need to be bent in order for it to work? I figured out this 'fix' when i was testing the hard disks SATA connection (ie pushing the SATA wire into the board).

Any help would be great, thanks!

Yeah, it's screwed in securely with 6 screws.

Update on the situation:
I've loosened the bottom right screw, and wedged a bit of plastic in underneath that bit of the motherboard, so the board is bending very slightly away from the back of the case. The computer is happy and running stably. I'm not too happy with this fix though, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Why would it suddenly be start doing this after a couple of days? Why not day one?

Should i contact Asus?

Ok. hmm. Only 6 screws? It's normally at least 9. Can someone confirm that this motherbaord only requires 6 screws? That's not standard for an ATX.

If I were you. I'd completely remove the mobo from the case. Remove all the stand-offs and carefully put the standoffs back in properly. Then put the motherboard back in and screw it down. Makes sure it's not 9 screws ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom