Several BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be something wrong with the motherboard too...normally the IRQL error would point to memory, but I've been getting the same error with a couple month old memory.

Grab a cheap low end video card and throw in... If you are using a totaly different drive now, then it is either psu/gpu/mobo..... PSU could be dipping quite a bit causing random errors, gpu could just be screwed up, and the motherboard may be slowly dieing out.

The Mobo is basically brand new and I made that purchase based on reliability of gigabyte's solid capacitor design and the chipset used.

The video card and PSU are still "fairly" new. Since this is happening more often with video type programs than not, I'm leaning towards GPU. How on earth do I view the PSU specs and such, through the BIOS right? I will have no idea what numbers/values I'm looking for, I know it has 2 12v rails, but I don't know the amps and voltages I'm looking for.

Just wanted to say problem solved. It's either the memory or the memory slot, I have one stick in right now, I played some WoW on high settings for a few hours last night and then overnight I had my PC do some pretty heavy video and audio encoding, I also used media player while encoding and it ran well, no real hiccups, but only having one gig of ram sucks, it is noticably slower but at least there have been no crashes.

I wonder why neither memtest could catch that? hmmmm...

Could be the memory controller being a bit flaky... Try each stick of ram in that one slot, and see how it performs, if no crashs then it is the motherboard it self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom