Adjust my i7 build. Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPhone

Baseband Member
Well i should be home from my business finally within the week! Anywho instead of bumping my old topic i decided to recreate it. Im looking for any suggestions you guys have. Also i need a little help finding a bigger hard drive instead of 2 600GB i want maybe a single 1.5TB. Any help there would be appreciated, and another question, is there any place thats reliable like new egg that has less expensive shipping? to ship all the parts is around 300$ which to me seems outrageous.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=10765826

Thats the wishlist.

Case:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Mobo:
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Some questions on the Mobo orignally i planned on not overclocking, but now i decided ill probably try a easy oc of the cpu. Is this mobo ok if i plan on doing some OC?

GPU:
Newegg.com - EVGA 017-P3-1293-AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card w/ Pre-installed ECGA Backplate - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

PSU:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

CPU:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
With this since i plan on doing some light overclocking should i get a better heatsink? Maybe the V8? any suggestions would be appreciated!

RAM:
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

HDD:
I picked x2 of these
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

But again im looking for a single 1.5TB instead

Monitor:
Newegg.com - Acer X243Wbd Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM with HDCP support - LCD Monitors

Optical Drive:
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners x2

Im getting excited to start this build its been a couple months ive been thinking about this.

My range in price was about 1800-2500 and with all this and shipping it comes almost right about 2500. maybe like 2400 right now.

You're build is alot like mine.

Why did you end up going with the EVGA board? Theres an ASUS P6T that has all the same features. Its a bit cheaper.
ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 = $250 US
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Also, the monitor you have is only 5ms. Thats pretty good, but for $10 less, you could buy this:
ASUS MK241H Black 24" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with 1.3M Pixel Webcam = $280
Newegg.com - ASUS MK241H Black 24" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with 1.3M Pixel Webcam 450 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 3000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

You CPU, PSU and RAM are a great choice. ALSO, you're shipping is so expensive because of the case... Remove the computer case and see the new total. I was going to buy a case from newegg as well, until i noticed the extra 120$ it tacked on to handling ans shipping.

Save yourself the money and buy a case at a local store.

If you want to clock you're chip, you might as well spend the extra money u can save from the above on a proper heatsink for you're cpu! =D

Awesome help guys, ive changed to the biostar mobo, i dropped out the case and it really did help a ton on the shipping. I also dropped our the monitor and its now down to like 60$ for shipping. The gtx 295 is out of stock still how often do they update thier stocks? also for the heatsink will i need any thermal paste or mounting bracket? Thanks for the help guys... ill just go looking around for a monitor and case at some local shops. :)

*at the shipping cost. i live in alaska and its hella expensive it wasnt exactly 300$ it was more like 278$

Yeah no problem m8. Im excited to get this build started ^_^ Ill update my totals in a little bit and maybe i can afford some extra goodies lol with the money saved!! thanks guys.

Don't know where you live, but if there is a FRY's near you, they have(or can probably order) the HAF. Got mine there this past weekend. Unfortunately, I havent had time to unbox it yet. And, it was $10 cheaper than the eggs advertised price.

Don't know where you live, but if there is a FRY's near you, they have(or can probably order) the HAF. Got mine there this past weekend. Unfortunately, I havent had time to unbox it yet. And, it was $10 cheaper than the eggs advertised price.

Doh-Disregard.....I was too slow in typing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom