Difference between 5ms and 2ms Response Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldernon

Baseband Member
Im just curious is anyone knows the real difference between the 2 and 5ms response times.

Im looking at 2 monitors and there's about $50 savings for the 5ms version. Will i notice any difference in gaming?

5ms should be fine, especially if you're saving 50 bucks. Which monitors are you looking at?

5ms should be fine, especially if you're saving 50 bucks. Which monitors are you looking at?

I agree - though I should inform the OP that response times can be measured differently, so one company's 5ms could be another company's 2ms.

You won't even notice the difference in 2ms and 5ms. Response time is how long it takes for the pixels to go to black and white and black again, and there is no way you can tell a difference by the naked eye.

The difference between 2 and 5 is virtually non existant. If you looked at a 2ms samsung and my 5ms lg you wouldnt be able to tell a difference in response time. Though you might notice the better color out of my lg :)

Bigger the better IMO. ^^

Im just curious is anyone knows the real difference between the 2 and 5ms response times.

Im looking at 2 monitors and there's about $50 savings for the 5ms version. Will i notice any difference in gaming?

You really wanna know the difference? 3ms :p (5ms - 2ms = 3ms)

OT: You really won't see a difference. Some people claim they can see ghosting on a 5ms monitor/TV, but usually this is not the case. Save the money, I'd say.

Im not that pickey. With the fps i hope to put out, i'll be to busy killing people to notice any ghosting =D

Thanks for the info and re-assurance guys. I'll buy the larger one.

(btw it isnt the cheeper one i was looking at).

Only time i'd start worrying about ghosting is 8ms up on 30" screens. :p If by some chance you see ghosting on a 5ms 24" you have one terrible monitor and shouldnt have gotten it anyway if you planned on playing video games :/
Either that or you're doped up or drunk and seeing double XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom