• Meh...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Umm...UPGRADE.. what r u thinking?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah most definitely. This build is fairly simple, but for me it was an experience and man I was psyched when it powered on on the first try with everything working! I hope to get an additional hard drive, a blu-ray burner, another 4850 for crossfire, another stick of ram and I think I should be good for a long time, I am not a demanding person :laughing:

How come you want a blu-ray burner? They're so incredibly expensive (cheapest I can find is about £140 here in the UK, ballpark $180). As are the discs. Might as well use multiple DVD-RWs or DVD-DLs.
I mean, I want a blu-ray reader, and even then they're about £50-60. And before that I'll want a monitor to display it all.

Yeah, I had to take my motherboard out and put it back in too. Didn't see the cpu cooler coming :p

I was looking at the pictures and I said, "Someone else that made the same mistake I made the first time I built a PC."

I learned very quickly that the case is the last thing you should worry about.

Here's what I do.

1.) Mobo > Install CPU > H&S fan > Memory
Put it on the foam & antistatic bag the mobo came in.

TIP: Get yourself a set of these FrozenCPU ATX Control Kit (0014) - FrozenCPU.com

Attach to connectors on motherboard. (See mobo manual)

Install Video Card - Plug in monitor & Connect Keyboard

Connect PSU to motherboard 20+4 & 4 or 8
Connect PSU to Videocard if needed.

Plug PSU into outlet. Turn on PSU.

Press power switch button from above kit and TEST the POST.
If it POSTS head to the BIOS and become familiar with it.

Doing the above will give you a better start to completing the build. With everything out of the case you can easily troubleshoot if a problem arises. Imagine not having to put the motherboard in and than take it out than put it back in again. It's way easier.

2.) Install Mobo > Install CPU > H&S fan > Memory into case & Connect front panel connectors.

3.) Install PSU and do some wire management.

4.) Install HDD/S

5.) Install Optical Drive/s

6.) Install Video Card and Sound Card

7.) More wire management

8.) TEST - POST - Get into BIOS

9.) Install OS

10.) Post pictures... lol

that is a great idea. and with the m9 case- it's hard drive bay is big to where if i need to pull it out i would have to remove the mother board. Putting everything together before installing never even crossed my mind!

How come you want a blu-ray burner? They're so incredibly expensive (cheapest I can find is about £140 here in the UK, ballpark $180). As are the discs. Might as well use multiple DVD-RWs or DVD-DLs.
I mean, I want a blu-ray reader, and even then they're about £50-60. And before that I'll want a monitor to display it all.

I want a blu-ray burner because..well, I have a blu-ray player, a 1080p tv, and a 1080p monitor. Can you get the same quality of a blu-ray by using dvd-dls? I thought you would have to use blank blu-ray discs to burn them..?

that is a great idea. and with the m9 case- it's hard drive bay is big to where if i need to pull it out i would have to remove the mother board. Putting everything together before installing never even crossed my mind!

It's so much nicer knowing that everything is working before you screw, mount and install everything. I've found that you will take more time to do wire management and do a neater build. It really sucks not only removing the motherboard, but if you use wire ties and a bunch of wire management and then have to take it all apart... no... that really sucks.

another tip: Cases with removable motherboard trays are a great feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom