Flash movie as desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
Does anyone know a way to set the desktop background to a flash movie on Vista? I have been searching around, trying various little programs that either didn't work or didn't work well.

Convert it to a MPEG and then use it with DreamScenes, or convert it to a .dream and use DeskScapes by Stardock.

OK, next question: Does anyone know of a good swf converter. It can convert to any video format, I just need to make it not an swf anymore.

I dont think you can use Flash as a desktop background in Windows. I do know that you can get Dreamscene and the .dream format from Wincustomize/Stardock. But everything i have seen is you can only use .gif images not flash files as a background.

That is not as a background. That is jsut running flash on your desktop Trotter.

Running Flash Content from Desktop using Flash StandAlone Player

That isnt using a flash video as a desktop background. That is just instructions on how to get someone to be able to view a flash file in a stand alone flash player on their desktop.

Cause looking at them all they do is create a exe file which you then run and it starts up the stand alone player. It isnt really a solution to run a flash file as a background. Which is what i was making reference to. ;)

Oops. the free ones are scratch, then.

Flash Desktop and SWF Desktop can do it, though. Both convert the flash into a wallpaper. Neither are free, though. Flash desktop gives a 10 day trial; I don't know about SWF Desktop.

Yeah the free ones will be out. Interesting about the paid version though. Never heard of flash being used. I didnt think Windows supported teh .swf format as a background.

I think it would be easier to just use a .gif as that can be done easily and for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom