*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

I got another 4830/crossfire bridge and went from 13,712 to 18,767. I played a few games after and holy **** , I can't believe people have been badmouthing these in crossfire!! I love these!!:D

Yeah they are freaking sweet.

You are able to max out just about any game (other then Crysis and GTA IV) @1920x1200 and still get great FPS with 4830's in crossfire.

:d:d:d:d

Hey , do you guys ever have trouble updating ATI drivers? Last couple of times , I ended up reformatting my drive , because I can't uninstall the current drivers. I ordered Driver Cleaner , because Driver Sweeper (freeware) didn't touch it. But upon installing DRIVER CLEANER , it seems they gave me a bunk serial/activation #. Now , 2 days after my initial complaint , they still haven't contacted me. I'm starting to get worried/impatient:eek:
Who uses DRIVER CLEANER? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I don't think its a bad idea to crossfire them, it just makes more sense to get a higher powered card in the first place.

Yeah , but I paid about $160 for 2 cards and a bridge...tell me a about a better performance/price deal than that:cool:

I can't wait for my 4870 to get here so I can run 3DMark again. Only reason I got it was 'cause I can afford one', and I'm giving my X1950XT to my girl for the computer I am building for her. Heck, giving her my PSU too, so I got a new one, lol. Then, I have the option to get another 4870, and run in CF should the need ever arise (and should I ever have money again, LOL).

switched from xp 32bit to vista 64bit for my 4gb ram. All same bios settings. 3dmark score went down from ~13650 to ~13520. A performance loss with Vista *sob*

i just reformatted and got rid of vista...AGAIn and this time im never going back.
vista has improved but i just love xp....it just works for me...

switched from xp 32bit to vista 64bit for my 4gb ram. All same bios settings. 3dmark score went down from ~13650 to ~13520. A performance loss with Vista *sob*

Well..the test itself has a bit of randomness also. Run it a few times and you'll get a different score every time.

Heh, next time i format i'm completely wiping xp off the hard drive. I havent booted to xp in close to 4 months. I think i booted it once after switching to the i7 and never even bothered updating the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom