windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_BigPhpAmator

Solid State Member
I am gointg to build my new comp. my question about windows.
What do you prefer? Stay with XP or upgrade to viesta?
I saw windows with and without service pack (1,2) Price is different for each one but is not free to upgrade service pack from microsoft.com for free?

Another question.
Anybody have tried to download windows from torrent - for testing ofcourse:)

Vista is fine, especially if you are using new hardware and peripherals. Win7 will be out shortly, so if you have an old copy of XP to use for now, do it and get Win7 when it comes out.

Be careful about torrenting discussions here.

As long as you have your own serial, it is legal to download a Windows disk from a torrent as it is the serial that matters, not the actual disk.

I would go with Vista Home Premium (better security, more reliabilty, more additional software with operating system). Service packs and updates are all free, and can be done through the operating system. Vista is on SP1, and XP is on SP3.

Only discussion of torrents allowed on this site is if you have a legal copy of windows and you've just lost your serial key. Just spend the 100 or so dollars and get Vista Home Premium.
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

Windows 7 is a newer version of windows, Many of us on this site are using the BETA of it (I'm on it right now) Vista was not overly accepted by the public when released, and they have been working on Windows 7 for some time now and it will be the replacement of Vista. There are things in Vista many people didn't like and they changed a lot of the things in Win 7, and it is really a nice Operating system and I have had no issues even for the test Beta so when it is released, I'm going to buy it. I too Have a old copy of XP and decided to wait for win 7 instead of spending the money on Vista.

Dauntae

Win7 is supposedly going to be released sometime around September/October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom