What in the world is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will disassemble it from the top (keyboard side). You should only need a small Phillips (four way) screwdriver.

What is the make and model of the laptop? We can try to find a decent site with step by step instructions.

I am guessing you have a macbook from the image you posted, they have a reputation for becoming far to hot and cooking themselfs to death. You are better off backing up the drive and getting rid of it as the main board will run you the cost of a new laptop and they are hard to come by apple will just say yea sure bring it in and then charge you exssesivly large sums of money to replace it.

You will disassemble it from the top (keyboard side). You should only need a small Phillips (four way) screwdriver.

What is the make and model of the laptop? We can try to find a decent site with step by step instructions.

Is there no easier way to do this? I thought I'd just open the bottom up, clean the excess dust etc, and screw it back on. Maybe replace the fan if necessary?

I have a Powerbook G4 PPC Titanium. I found a great site with thorough instructions, but it said the same thing you recommended-- which is about an 87 step process, taking the entire thing apart. But if I absolutely 100% have to, I will... :confused:

I am guessing you have a macbook from the image you posted, they have a reputation for becoming far to hot and cooking themselfs to death. You are better off backing up the drive and getting rid of it as the main board will run you the cost of a new laptop and they are hard to come by apple will just say yea sure bring it in and then charge you exssesivly large sums of money to replace it.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I'm still curious to why all of this started the day I opened it up and sprayed it with compressed air... I cannot afford a new computer, so I'm going to try everything in my will to fix this before I even consider selling it.

You could have reassembled it wrong, got some moisture on the board etc, Canned air is great for getting out the most of dust but for detailed work nothing beats a clean dry paintbrush.

To be honest from a exmacbook owner to a current macbook owner upgrade to something better you don't need a mac for anything to be honest they are just polished turds.

You could have reassembled it wrong, got some moisture on the board etc, Canned air is great for getting out the most of dust but for detailed work nothing beats a clean dry paintbrush.

To be honest from a exmacbook owner to a current macbook owner upgrade to something better you don't need a mac for anything to be honest they are just polished turds.

I'm going to clean it the best I can. :eek: If I need some new $700 part, I'm just going to buy a new computer.

Haha, I was actually thinking of getting a 17" Macbook Pro. They seem perfect for what I use them for (music production). I do hate how not everything is not compatible with them, though. But don't PCs get a lot of viruses and whatnot? And are too easy to hack? :freak:

It depends on how much of common sense the computer user uses.
I think you should get a new computer, it probably will take more money or as much money to fix it as to buy a new one.

I'm going to clean it the best I can. :eek: If I need some new $700 part, I'm just going to buy a new computer.

Haha, I was actually thinking of getting a 17" Macbook Pro. They seem perfect for what I use them for (music production). I do hate how not everything is not compatible with them, though. But don't PCs get a lot of viruses and whatnot? And are too easy to hack? :freak:

Nope OSX has some serious security flaws, I can fire up metasploit now and there is 8 or nine explots right at the top of the list. Some of the security flaws are related to the wireless drivers and others are down to the the OS it's self. Not to mention they are getting more an more attention from the malware authors because honestly the OS is wide open and not defended. Apple has caused a lot of this by saying we are more secure and we don't get viruses well sorry but they do, more an more people are paying attention to mac's from a attack perspective and apple is still saying no we are not vunerable and not really doing anything to promote security.

And Macbook pros although better than a macbook are suffering from there own issues mostly firmware based.

Well, I've finally decided to get a PC (and selling this one along with all of its components), thanks in part to you guys. Any suggestions for a cheap laptop model with a high CPU speed (3.0Ghz+ is preferred)? HD space isn't really important to be honest (60+ will do). As you've clearly seen before, I don't know much about PCs. There are millions of different kinds, so I don't know where to start. Which brand is the most reliable, and vise versa?

Thanks in advance for any insight. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Is there anything you want or need in particular?
I would recommend the Lenovo Thinkpad line they are a little costly compared to other laptops but they are built like tanks and last you a long time and they keep there resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom