Battlefield 2, NVIDIA 7600 GT, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputersRFun

Beta member
To get right to it, my game will not run online on lowest settings. I can play, but I have ZERO fun. There are skips, framerate drops, studders, etc, etc.

Along with the 7600 GT, I have an Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GH with 2.0GB of RAM, running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 32600). I have all my latest drivers installed, and I've played with the settings, on the video card and the in-game video settings. I've closed all background programs, scanned for viruses, defragged my hard drive, deleted all temporary files, etc, all that little stuff.

I don't know WHAT it could be, because here's the thing. If I run the game on highest settings in single player with 15 other NPCs, it runs PERFECTLY. No skips, nothing. I go into a Battlefield server with SEVEN other people on one of the smallest maps, and it skips and lags and studders on LOWEST settings. My internet is free, no other internet related programs opened up, and my ping is low.

Here's another thing. My system doesn't fully meet the minimum requirements for Guitar Hero III. I can run it fine. There is a smidge of lag, but it's playable easily. I seriously don't understand what's going on here. If I meet the recommened requirements for a game, AKA Battlefield 2, I SHOULD be able to run it, should I not?

That's not a graphics problem, that is almost certainly internet lag. Your connection sucks. If you are downloading stuff while playing than don't, and if you aren't then I would call your isp to complain.

I'm not downloading anything while I play, and I'm pretty sure my connection is fine, but I COULD be missing something. Would I have to get a new type of internet? I currently have DSL I believe.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, my friend runs Battlefield 2 on a 6600 GT and it works very well on medium settings.

Or POSSIBLY, would I have to take my computer up to a store and get them to completely wipe it clean? Could there be something in here screwing my game up?

If it is running fine on local games and running slow on net games then they only thing that could be causing it is net latency. Look at your ping in game. its is probably much worse than everyone else s.

Have you tried different servers? If a server is around the world from you, your ping would be high, and you'd have lag spikes. See if you can find a server that's close to you and test that one out.

My internet is apparently 5x faster now, and while pages load faster now, the problem is still there, and my ping online is usually around 40-50.

I'm seriously going to break something, this is frustrating me to no end.

Have you tried playing single player? Does it do the same thing?

If not, it's definitely a network problem. If so, could be something more sinister...

I can play the game offline with no lag on low and medium settings in single player. I can also play with some settings on high with no lag.

I also have the latest patch for BF2.

It haas to be an internet issue. Call the ISP and raise ****. It sounds to me like you aren't getting your advertised speeds. Any decent, modern dsl or cable line should be able to handle BF2 with no lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom