rate this system configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey_Pygmy

Solid State Member
Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 550 3.4 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology
GIGABYTE "GA-8IPE775-G" i865PE Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775 CPU
Maxtor 300GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model 6B300S0, OEM Drive Only
MGE SuperCharger 600W power supply DUAL 80MM Fans With SATA, Wire sleeve, Model "PS-600W"
PDP Systems Memory Dual Channel 184-Pin 2GB (1GB x 2) DDR PC-3200, Model PDC2G3200ELK
NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive, Silver, Model ND-3500A S, OEM
Xoxide UFO Ultimate Aluminum Cube Computer Case (Silver)

I'm money for a computer and I was wondering if this is a good configuration. Also any suggestions for a 256 video card?

thats what the EDIT button is for. My rating for that system is:

Expensive

well, for that system i would suggest an Nvidia 6800Ultra 256Mb - its the best card at the moment - closely followed by the X800XT PE.

the ram will need to be DDR2.

yes, like Nubius said, Expensive - Very expensive.

suggest an Nvidia 6800Ultra 256Mb

Nah just save your money and get an eVGA 6800GT and overclock it.....should have pretty good ease on getting it up to Ultra speeds.

ho0o0l|ly, dude, by the time you "save" enough money for this beastly machine, it would become useless, something like a AMD 450MHz is now.
And it all really depends on wat the heck yer gonna use it for. I'm gonna be buying a P4 500 series, a 2.8 HTed, do ya know much about them?
but, yeah, my rating would be Expensive as FCK as well, ya know? for a custom build that is. You'd prolly be spending like, wat, 1600?

Do you have any suggestions on a cheap configuration that will run Doom3 at the maximum detail setting?

well the maximum setting on doom is ULTRA SETTINGS and any doom3 review you read will clearly tell you that that setting is really made for when the 512mb graphic cards come out....some people don't ever read this and can't figure out why they are getting lag on their '6800 Ultra 256mb what the hell!?!' so just a thought to keep in mind. The people doing the review had a 3.4GHz P4, 2gb of Corsair XMS Ram, and the GeForce 6800 Ultra and that would still experience a tad bit of 'image tearing' on the Ultra settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom