pcmia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9684

In Runtime
i have a laptop that originally had win95 on it, i'm installing slackware 3.5 but i've come as far as i can with floppies, so i bought a pcmia e/net card and it dont seem to fit, has there been a change in the shape in the last 10 years? also the pcmia card that was in the old laptop already fits in my new laptop fine and so does the e/net card, very confused :confused:

do you know where i could buy an older one, any sites u could suggest? i did need to it was almost off the page ;-P

no no he meant ebay off that crappy laptop :p jk he didn't mean that but hell I'm suggesting that. hmmm don't suppose you could use something like a cross-over cable could you? basically install what you need directly from another comp.

thats the plan but no ethernet on laptop and the e/net card i bought for it dont fit, i could ebay off the laptop, its my dads and it was lying in his loft... or attic for americans, i just thought i would use it for an old slackware version just for the hell of it or eh fun of it you could say :)

oooooooh ok e/net ok I wasn't even thinking I'm used to seeing NIC or someone just saying network card I wasn't thinking 'ethernet' my bad.....kind of a wasted suggested I gave ya then =/ sry bout that......yeah we used to have an old commadore 64 but my parents either garage sold it or threw it away =/ wish I had it for nostalgia reasons....oh well. You'd be surprised what people will pay for old junk. I got an intel celeron CPU, the motherboard that went with it, a 128mb stick and a 64mb stick of PC133 ram I think I'm gonna try and sell off or somethin. I turned her 150w power supply into a test supply! So that way I can plug in things like fans that need power without having to have it plugged into the mobo etc....just plug the PSU in the wall and the fans got power! pretty co0

yeh i got another one thats black and white that i'll sell to some old granny no doubt that thinks its top of the range stuff, anyway back to my question, i dont wanna have to build a whole new system which is all i can see on ebay that will help, i just want a NIC(<for nubius) that will fit in my current 10 yr old laptop, the new one i bought didn't fit, i been looking for a power cable for it too and thats hard to come by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom