• Umm...UPGRADE.. what r u thinking?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
Well thanks mostly to tech forums for providing valuable information and a great community, I gained a lot of knowledge fairly quick. With a few nagging questions from me:p and helpful answers from you guys, over the past 2 months I gathered all my pieces for my build and from start to finish it took me like 3 friggin hours haha, sometimes frustrating but fun! Couldn't have done it without you guys!
Specs (remember I am in Panama, extremely limited selection!):

Thermaltake M9
MSI K9A2 CF-F-V2
Phenom x3 8750 (Toliman) 2.4GHz Black Edition
Core Contact Freezer (cpu idles at 31c and core at 31c)
Sapphire Radeon 4850 512mb
Corsair 550w
160GB Samsung SATAII
2GB SuperTalent DDR2 667MHz (1066mhz my next buy)
ViewSonic 21.5" LCD 1080p monitor

Now, I know it is nothing special or next gen worthy or Crysis ridiculous, but with a slim wallet it is a start:D Here are pics I took while building

1. Unpacked the case and put the mobo in (then found out I had to take it back out to put other things in haha:laughing:):

2. Took the front off and put the drive in:

3. Installed PSU:

4. Installed processor and heat sink. Now, this heat sink was INSANE to put on. First off, it did not clip on to the mounting bracket on both sides...i tried and tried and gave up before I thought I was going to crack the motherboard from trying. I ended up taking the mounting bracket off of the mobo and just barely being able fit the clippings on each side, then screw the mounting bracket back onto the mobo on top of the processor! this is the clearance I have between it and my ram:

5. Put in graphics card:

6. Finished the messy wire job and final results:

Again, thanks for all of your help and I plan to stick around...I have become obsessed with building...! Now to get a job on the corner to support the addiction..:eek:

Yeah, I had to take my motherboard out and put it back in too. Didn't see the cpu cooler coming :p

Yeah, my wire management is worse. I bought that red psu from pc power and cooling and it had sooooo many wires. I can't figure out what to do with them all. I just want to starting cutting, but I know that would be bad.

Nice, I have the exact same video card as you :) it's a very good overclocker especially with that heatsink... I can get 20 FPS in crysis on ultra high 1920x1080 with my video card @ 750/1100. Should be a good computer.

Yeah, my wire management is worse. I bought that red psu from pc power and cooling and it had sooooo many wires. I can't figure out what to do with them all. I just want to starting cutting, but I know that would be bad.

When I got my first built last november, I was the same with my Corsair - sooo many wires! And a surprising number of connectors per wire, like six molex connectors on a single wire.
Your wire management isn't bad compared to mine :p

yeah, I am yet to find a modular psu here! that would be needed as I have no need for all of those extras! wire ties wire ties wire ties! and saltnay, that is not a bad idea at all.. I think I can pull that off, the mesh looks a whole lot better than the old drive ruining the front for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom