Best circumaural headphones for $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Kaizer

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to find some good quality circumaural headphones for around 30 bucks. I've been looking at some Sennheisers, namely the HD205, HD202, HD201, and the EH-150s. Which of these have the best sound quality for listening to music on my computer and ipod? Any other brands/models to consider? Thanks.

Well I had a pair of HD205s for about 5 years that I bought off newegg when I was back in the states for around 40 dollars if I recall correctly.

Anyway they were great for the money...get my thumbs up. The headband can be a bit tight but it will loosen up after awhile or you can speed the process by putting them on a basketball or somethign when not in use.

Well I had a pair of HD205s for about 5 years that I bought off newegg when I was back in the states for around 40 dollars if I recall correctly.

Anyway they were great for the money...get my thumbs up. The headband can be a bit tight but it will loosen up after awhile or you can speed the process by putting them on a basketball or somethign when not in use.

Okay sounds good. Has anyone heard about the Panasonic X7s? They look pretty good for 20 bucks, but then again, I've never heard much about Panasonic headphones.

I got a pair of HD201's for $20 shipped form newegg a while ago and I have been extremely happy with them. They are a lot better than the generic earbuds and headphones most people use although they probably pale in comparison to stuff like the HD 280 Pro's.

True, but the 280 PROs are much more expensive.

I'm just getting confused now. I see the HD201, HD202, HD457, EH-150, all from Sennheiser in the same price range. Then there's the MDR-X200s from Sony and the X7s from Panasonic. Which will give me the best sound quality of the group, as far as use for my computer and ipod, and do a good job at blocking out noise? What is recommend by the experts here?

Is it not at all possible to convince you to substantially upgrade your budget ? It's one of them things you won't regret. Trust me ! i have bought enough, and many others would agree with me :)

Yeah those 555s are sexy as ****, but this is my parents' money. I'll get the HD202s now for 20 bucks, and maybe over the summer right before college I'll get a pair of 555s.

I'm bumping an old thread of mine because I'm about to order some headphones, and I just have a quick question. For those with HD205s, are they actually circumaural, or more on-ear type headphones? Do they do a good job at noise cancellation? These are back on newegg for 32 bucks, and that seems very much so worth it. Lastly, are they heavy? I want to know if I can also use these at the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom