optical drive silver bezel exist? experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium330

In Runtime
i have a silver Lian Li case, but want to make sure i get the right optical and card readers to match. i found a rosewill card reader that comes with a silver bezel and black bezel so i can just use the silver.

i couldnt find the same for the optical drives, but i did find something like this:

lian li silver bezel for 5.25 inch drives

anyone have any experience changing the bezels and fitment and everything? if i order a stock LG or samsung dvd burner, can i take off the bezel easily?

That link shows one for a floppy.

The easiest way is to pop off the front cover on the loading tray, remove the bezel, go to the back yard and spray them with a can of silver hobby spray paint.

Wouldn't take more than a few minutes and the paint would cost $5 or less.

hmm, not a bad idea i guess... not sure why they say 5.25 bezel on the ad and show a picture of a floppy version.

i mean its strange that there would be a good amount of silver cases out there and yet its extremely hard to find silver bezels for optical drives...

i found this, but looks like it only covers the tray, not the outer bezel part of the drive :

LG Silver A DVD-ROM - Bezel

Well I remember 3 years ago I bought some silver faced DVD burners for my friend's and ex girlfriend's computer build.

They just don't make silver faces separately because each Drive will have a different tray shape and there's no money to be had in making them.

i have a silver Lian Li case, but want to make sure i get the right optical and card readers to match. i found a rosewill card reader that comes with a silver bezel and black bezel so i can just use the silver.

i couldnt find the same for the optical drives, but i did find something like this:

lian li silver bezel for 5.25 inch drives

anyone have any experience changing the bezels and fitment and everything? if i order a stock LG or samsung dvd burner, can i take off the bezel easily?

Those LanLi bezels are easy to change. however I would recommend that you pick a BLACK DVDRW for your optical drive. Having a good good looking LanLi case covering up a *** white optical drive does looks terrible.

You can pick up some drives with interchangable bezels. LG and Lite On do them. If you can not find silver, the a can a spray paint will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom