error messege & physical memoery dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

imnotbeethoven

Solid State Member
Trying to fix my dad's computer again, was getting a blue screen with an error messege 0x0000009c ( 0x00000004,0x80546E70,0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F ) & it was saying that it was dumpping the physical memory

Now the machine won't even boot up, i dug around the web & got some advise about recent ram upgrades being a possible cause, we had a few months back put new ram in it. I swapped the old ram back into the mother board & still the same problem. he has an ASUS a8n-sli mother board.

Ant advise on how to fix this?? Thanks

Try to run Memtest 86+ on the ram, you will need to grab a bootable ISO of it, and use Nero or something that can burn ISO files to a cd. Boot from that and let it get a few passes on the memory.

can't run any tests now, the machine will not boot up, fans turn on but get nothing on the screen at all, tried the memtest disk & nothing

isn't ubuntu a version of linux?

Yes.. It is. A livecd is a Linux you don't need to install, runs just like memtest.

As you couldn't even boot, you got more issues. Try only 1 ram stick, one at a time in each slot.

If you have a multimeter check your psu volts. Also double check all your plugs.

if it was RAM there should be some indicator.

When I've had bad/misplaced ram, it tries to boot.

If you get nothing on the screen at all then something has completely died on the mother board and there's probably not much you can do.

There are probably some reset jumpers on the board, try engaging those, as per the manufacturers instructions.

Also, try flashing the BIOS if you can (again, look up your manufacturer)

And just for smiles and giggles, try a different power supply, if you have one, or try unplugging a few things (HDD, optical disk) as you may have a dead power supp.

if it was RAM there should be some indicator.

If you get nothing on the screen at all then something has completely died on the mother board and there's probably not much you can do.

not necessarily. i just had some OCZ ddr2 800 kick the bucket and my rig would light up but nothing else would happen. in fact, i thought it was the mobo, but i pulled those 2 sticks out (i was running 6gb..2 x ddr2 800 OCZ and 2 x 2gb reaper 1066) and it works fine. when i put just the OCZ 800 in, it would power up but i would get no display (or beeps, or anyhting else) whatsoever.
OP i would definitely start with the RAM.

Nothing on the screen at all at this point, i don't think there were any beeb codes, it was working but was acting up, getting that blue screen with the error messege, now it will turn on & you hear the fans running but it doesn't load, screen stays black.

I took out the current ram & reinstalled the old ram it had before, yesterday, & it had the same problem. The old ram worked fine, my dad just wanted more ram. It ran fine with the new ram for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom