Several BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I caught two errors:
IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and also PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Memtest86 didn't find any problems with my ram, I have G.Skill 2 sticks of one gig DDR2 in single channel because the computer won't boot while they're in the dual channel slots, but still, Memtest shows they're good.

I also ran Western Digital diagnostics on my harddrives. I have one IDE 160 gb, and a SATA 160, 320 and 640gb drives, all came up good/pass.

I've also read that it could be driver issues, which my MSI 8600GT OC does not like anything after 17?.??, if I ever update my video drivers past that, I get an instant brick and need to reformat. The card is fairly new and runs perfect otherwise.

I have been getting BSODs for a while and after three different format/installs, the problem will not go away.

BSODs happen often at random, but more often than not, during some kind of graphic intense program, IE: encoding or playing games. The BSODs are getting more frequent.

Thermaltake PSU 450watt
Gigabyte EP43 ICH10 mobo
E2140 not overclocked
MSI 8600GT OC still at stock clocks
2x 1gig sticks G.Skill DDR2

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
IRQL Not less or equal.

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Page fault in nonpaged area.

So it could be Drivers, it could be the L2 Cache going bad, could be bad RAM on your Video Card.

I would look to the latter. If you cant run any drivers past the 170 series that isnt right. I have a 8600GT and i am using the latest set of drivers with no issues at all.

Are you overclocking the vid card? Do you have your fans turned up?

Which version of memtest are you using? Because there is a Memtest86 and there is also a memtest 86+.... One of them also checks the GPUs memory....

The video card is overclocked by MSI at the factory, I don't have it oc'd anymore than how it came and I haven't changed the fan speed, the fan is working though, I tore it apart and applied some arctic 5 and cleaned it up a bit and made sure the fan was spinning smoothly.

I didn't notice any other version of Memtest when I was on their site, I downloaded the version that was bootable from cd (I do not own a floppy) directly from the memtest site, I'll check again to see if I missed something.

EDIT: Ah, Memtest 86+ is a modified version of Memtest86 by a third party, that's why I didn't see it on the Memtest site. I grabbed it and will run it later today.

Well, I ran the latest version of 86+ they had on their website, still came back no errors and I did not see any place on the program that pertained to GPU ram either.

I was checking out my event viewer and noticed a few events with the exclamation mark in the yellow triangle, those were TCP connections maxed out, and yes, I run torrents from time to time and I download other things quite a bit. But that issue shouldn't give me a blue screen I wouldn't imagine. However, I did go ahead and change the TCP value to at least get that out of the way, just one less issue to worry about.

Hmm.... Well... It could be a bad sector or two on your hard drive, as part of it is treated like RAM... Try running chkdsk /r on your c: drive and restart it, could take some time, but if there is an issue with the hdd that would fix it...

I would only worry about the C: drive as that is where your pagefile is stored. It won't check the others unless you tell it to do so.

Argh, yes, argh. I wrote zeros to the previous C: drive, which was the IDE drive then I took it out of my system completely. XP Pro is now on my 160 sata drive fully formatted and the second I brought up Magic Video Converter, poof, instant BSOD.

Now if memtest keeps giving me passes, how am I going to determine if it's the ram or the videocard? I don't have onboard video so I can't just take out the video card :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom