What case should i get for an i7 build..?? PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiki

Baseband Member
So im trying to find the right case for me.. right now im wondering if i should get a full tower or mid tower like antec 1200 or 900 two..

CPU: Intel Core i7 920

Mobo: GIGABYTE EX58-UD3R

Graphics: Gtx 285

PSU: Corsair 650tx

I want to get my i7 920 to around 4 ghz..?

ill probably get an aftermarket cooler like
Thermalright Ultra-120 extreme 1366

what case would you guys recommend..?

Full tower would be better more space easier to upgrade, work in and generally better cooling. The antec 900 recently got an update the 902 should now be available. What style do you like give us some sample cases which you like the "look" of and then we can work with you to find one of similar styling and very good quality. You are the one who has to live with it not me :) I love lian li cases, some people hate them.

I'm like saltynay, I love Lian-Li cases and I can't wait for the day when I get mine but alot of people say they hate them when I recommend them. Are you looking for something flashy that will look 'cool' to your friends or do you want something more classy and simple but elegant lol. I'll post some examples in a sec. Oh and how much are you looking to spend?

My personal choices are:

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A20B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-P80 Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V2110B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Here are some flashy cases:

Newegg.com - NZXT LEXA-NP Black/ Silver Aluminum Construction
Plastic Front Panel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Bah I'm having too much trouble finding the flashy cases because I don't know what to look for in something I don't like haha

YAYYYY 1000TH POST!!!!!

mm i dont mind what the case looks like as long as its good
no more than 250 aud and also i wnat it to have awesome air cooling cause i dont wnat liquid and im NOTN going to upgrade until like another 3 years

Definitely look at Lian-Li cases then. Can you give us some links to websites you are using?

umm.. im just looking at random websites lol

i was wondering getting the antec 900 two because i wont be doing upgrades or watercooling.. i just want to oc my cpu to like 4 ghz and also would a corsair 650tx psu work.. with my build..?

Seriously. Have any of you had a chance to take a look at a Thermaltake Armor+? OMG. WOW> They are so amazing. Not tacky at all and not over done.

I built my mates with the mid tower version and im getting the full tower.

I forgot about that case. I do like the look of it. It looks pretty nice. I like my TT Armor for the most part so I'm sure this is even better. The design is not overdone either like you said.

okay.. now im leaning towards the antec 900 two because i like the cooling and the pretty blue lights lol *drools.... but im still wondering how good it is in cooling though im gonna get the aftermarket cooler .. im still wondering how high i would be able to overclock my cpu to..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom