Troubles with mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinH

Baseband Member
First off I am running vista 64
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mic since it works in my other comp perfectly.
It is a USB mic.
The usb recognizes it. The light even comes on for the mic (It has a off/on switch on the mic which has a light)
I have gone thru the audio setup and cannot record any sound. (The one where they tell you to read that stupid sentance :p)
It will not work for any audio programs like vent
I have tried even running the recording thingy in accessories to no avail.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be because I am running out of options here on what exactly i can do to get it working. If you need any other specs of my comp(which i really do not see why) I will gladly post them.

Is there a update to your sound drivers? Does teh mic show up in the Control Panel under sound?

Is there a update to your sound drivers? Does teh mic show up in the Control Panel under sound?

New comp still went and checked for update on drivers nope..... And the mic shows up in control panel....

Check it's set as your Default Recording device by right clicking, and disable the 3.5mm mic inputs, you should be able to see them in control panel and right click and disable.

Is it a Logitech USB Microphone by any chance ?

I have the exact same problem (but my headset is not USB). I'm trying not to create a new thread.
While on Ventrillo a few days ago my mic/headset just stopped working.
Just like the OP said, the computer recognizes the mic but when I attempt to read the setnence it does not register.
I've tried new realtek drivers (and older ones) and it did nothing. I've also confirmed it's the default device.
Vista64 as well.
Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom