Help On Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanobrad

Beta member
I have a Sound Blaster 2z. How is this card suppose to fit in a Gateway Micro-Tower? Is this a low proile PCI issue?

Thanks,

Brad

It should fit if you have a vacant PCI slot. But be warned, as soon as you crack that case open, your warranty is void for the computer.

Hey thanks...the warranty ran out a few months ago.....

the sound card has trouble sliding into the PCI slot because it hits the side of the PC....can I remove the sides?

its your PC do whatever it takes to make something work is my motto. Cut that slut like butta and make room....but make sure that the PCI slots are compatible and all that good kind of stuff....unless the computer just wasn't meant to handle a bigger better card....soooo yeah go for it

Thanks...I like that reasoning!!!! Got to have the sound card. What tool is good for cutting the case?

Dremel is a case modders best friend :D Every basic case modder knows that! Unfortunately I don't even have a dremel :( Waiting for my final package to arrive today to start my case mod and I'm gonna have to use a jigsaw....you might have to do the same if you don't have a dremel.

yup...no problem...package arrived! Yay! Gonna lap my SLK-900A tomorrow and then start the major case renovations on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom