System restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddy44

Baseband Member
I've tried everything, doing the recovery console commands fixboot and fixmbr, doing a repair install finally i just decided to format. My computer keeps restarting, even with the format i get into installing windows xp and bam it just restarts. I used to be able to start in safe mode, but now i can't because you can't setup windows in safe mode. Anyone have any suggestions? I think its the hard drive but i dont know how to tell please help.

Could be an overheating issue too. First and cheapest thing to do is to take apart the processor and reseat the CPU and heatsink after a thorough spray with a can of air. Do this in your GPU as well.

I would also make VERY sure before doing that that EVERY fan is working. This includes the fan on your PSU. I had this problem with one of my computers just like you and it was the PSU fan. I jury rigged it until i got a new system by (i know this isnt the greatest solution lol) by opening the side and taking a fan and blowing it in there right on the supply. It worked until i got a new one.

Yea my cpu temp is at like 100 degrees Celsius so should i get a new cpu fan or what? My heat sink is clean.

Yea my cpu temp is at like 100 degrees Celsius so should i get a new cpu fan or what? My heat sink is clean.

Well if your fan is not working it might be hung up (sometimes if the build was messy with the wires sometimes they come lose and can stop the fan). Also make sure the CPU fan is plugged in if it is not working. If neither of those fixes the problem then get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom