1st Game PC Build-- Budget System = Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestion! Lol ya I just read the thread and got a good idea of what I want...which is to game well now...and if something comes out later that I cant run: Upgrade to Quad later. I want a BUDGET system, not a system of the future. (Which will be outdated within a month lol) So I believe I will go with the E8500.

Hah! Our planned builds are pretty much the same! Except your Graphics Card KILLS my HD Radeon 4870 512mb. Lol. But ya, I was wondering about Motherboards...yours is 15 dollars less than the one I had in mind Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards and I'd rather go 15 dollars less. But I was wondering if your mobo came with all the required hookups and cords... (It seemed a little short on the wiring.)

Thanks for the suggestion! Lol ya I just read the thread and got a good idea of what I want...which is to game well now...and if something comes out later that I cant run: Upgrade to Quad later. I want a BUDGET system, not a system of the future. (Which will be outdated within a month lol) So I believe I will go with the E8500.

You posted your budget and I stayed under it. Maybe you should post a lower budget if you don't really want to spend that much. And how is an i7 gonna be outdated in a month but the e8500 won't? That makes no sense. i7 is the most future proof you can get right now and it will last you alot longer than an e8500 so you won't have to upgrade for awhile. By the time you feel like you need to upgrade to a quad, you are going to have to build an entire new system because socket 775 will be done and old. If you get an i7, you will have the new socket 1366 that will be the standard for a long time to come. Your reasons to getting the e8500 just don't make sense

Well i have them comparing specs side by side here... if this link works: (Yours is on the right)
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

-the one i chose has only 1 pci-e x16 and the other one has 2, which leaves room to go SLI or XFire in the future if you want... (this is the main reason for the price jump i think)
-mine has 6 sata connections yours has 8
-yours has 2 LAN connections... mine, 1
-mine comes with 1 IDE/PATA Cable, 1 FDD Cable, 1 SATA Cable and yours comes with the same, and 3 more cables that i cant really tell what they are for... one almost looks like a power chord, but i doubt thats what it is, cuz there would be no use for that hahahahaha. iono man! i know the one that imma go with is pretty bad *** for the price... thats all i know.

You posted your budget and I stayed under it. Maybe you should post a lower budget if you don't really want to spend that much. And how is an i7 gonna be outdated in a month but the e8500 won't? That makes no sense. i7 is the most future proof you can get right now and it will last you alot longer than an e8500 so you won't have to upgrade for awhile. By the time you feel like you need to upgrade to a quad, you are going to have to build an entire new system because socket 775 will be done and old. If you get an i7, you will have the new socket 1366 that will be the standard for a long time to come. Your reasons to getting the e8500 just don't make sense

No... he was saying that the e8500 would be outdated in a month... thats why he was kinda saying that he was downgrading by going with the e8500. I think the dual core is the way to go personally at the time... for the cost/performance... you just cant beat it. I would love to grab a rig with a $1000 CPU and a $500 Mobo... oh and lets not forget another $500 for the GTX 295, but when it really comes down to it... will you notice the difference between that and the one i put together for under $800 Shipped (after MIR) when you have either one on a 19-22" Display?

(i'm not taking all the cred for putting my machine together BTW... i had help from some of you guys... and thanx again for that help and education. )

...which is to game well now...and if something comes out later that I cant run: Upgrade to Quad later. I want a BUDGET system, not a system of the future. (Which will be outdated within a month lol) So I believe I will go with the E8500.

No... he was saying that the e8500 would be outdated in a month... thats why he was kinda saying that he was downgrading by going with the e8500. I think the dual core is the way to go personally at the time... for the cost/performance... you just cant beat it. I would love to grab a rig with a $1000 CPU and a $500 Mobo... oh and lets not forget another $500 for the GTX 295, but when it really comes down to it... will you notice the difference between that and the one i put together for under $800 Shipped (after MIR) when you have either one on a 19-22" Display?

(i'm not taking all the cred for putting my machine together BTW... i had help from some of you guys... and thanx again for that help and education. )

Don't double post.

If you read what I highlighted he is saying the 'system of the future that will be outdated in a month'. I also didn't post up a several thousand dollar build for him with a $1000 cpu and $500 mobo. I posted up a very good build for the price range he posted. Oh and btw I had a qx6700, 780i SLI mobo and 2GB of the best G.Skill DDR2 ram available and I upgraded to an i7 920, evga x58, and 3GB of some nice G.skill ram and I can tell you from personal experience that I can definitely tell the difference and that is coming from a cpu that cost $1100 when I bought it. I have the experience and I know what I'm doing. Please don't exaggerate what I say to make it look like my build is senseless and ridiculous

Don't double post.

If you read what I highlighted he is saying the 'system of the future that will be outdated in a month'. I also didn't post up a several thousand dollar build for him with a $1000 cpu and $500 mobo. I posted up a very good build for the price range he posted. Oh and btw I had a qx6700, 780i SLI mobo and 2GB of the best G.Skill DDR2 ram available and I upgraded to an i7 920, evga x58, and 3GB of some nice G.skill ram and I can tell you from personal experience that I can definitely tell the difference and that is coming from a cpu that cost $1100 when I bought it. I have the experience and I know what I'm doing. Please don't exaggerate what I say to make it look like my build is senseless and ridiculous

Nah i wouldnt challenge you bro! I know you have way more knowledge than me at this stuff kk? I just read that differently than you did... and maybe i'm wrong about what i was saying, but that's the opinion ive formed from what i've been reading and seeing through comparisons.
...and i wasnt being sarcastic when i said i would love the system i was talking about! LoL!

and i didnt mean to double post... i had my reply window open while i was looking stuff up and you replied during that time... so i didnt read your reply till i already sent my last one.

Its ok, I just see alot of new people around here challenging or not listening to veterans here and it just gets to me sometimes. I'm not saying you're one of them, you are just saying what you have learned so far from advice people have given you. I'm sorry if that came off a little harsh.

Oh an if that ever happens you can just edit your post and include a new quote

Its ok, I just see alot of new people around here challenging or not listening to veterans here and it just gets to me sometimes. I'm not saying you're one of them, you are just saying what you have learned so far from advice people have given you. I'm sorry if that came off a little harsh.

Oh an if that ever happens you can just edit your post and include a new quote

Haha... i actually thought about that before you ever said anything... but then i thought, Eff it!! haha im lazy! No, its cool tho, cuz i read my reply after i sent it... and i was like... hmmm pinscher is gunna think im trying to challenge him, then he's gunna look and see im a nooB... haha

you are totally right about the quad core tho... but i was thinking... if you can run your dual core for maybe a year maybe 2 or something... then you have to upgrade to the quad... you can just buy a mobo/cpu combo package, and thats really all you would have to upgrade, cuz your gpu, psu and hopefully RAM would still be pretty good. Unless your mobo went from using ddr2 to ddr3... then that just adds to the price. haha

The socket 1366 uses DDR3 only, DDR2 is going to get phased out so it would end up being pretty much a complete rebuild. Thats why I recommend i7 because he said he is planning to upgrade eventually and I'm just trying to save him some money in the future. The e8500 is a great cpu but in the long run, if you can afford an i7, it is a much better choice.

Ya thanks for the insight and i7 post Pinshcer (I AM DIGGING THE AVATAR. Thursday night man!). You were right---I was being exaggerated about the out of date in a month---but I am building to play the stuff that's out today and this year. I know I said 1k-1.2k budget...but the more and more I look at the combination of things: it has slowly slipped down to $900 cap. >_<

But ****, I'm strapped for the extra 200 that the i7 would require, but at the same time I'm impressed with the price for the tech. Question is: Should I get the best of the semi-old which translates into great gaming TODAY? Or spend more and perhaps not require an upgrade for 3 years? Hah. In a way, I just want to say: I think Ill go Future-bound when I am not a penny-saving student. = P

And the comparison helped a lot Brodom! Something that is important that I did not catch before was that your package comes with an I/O Panel Shield. The mobo I chose does not. Lol that would suck to have to try and find the specific one for my mobo and have to buy THAT on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom