Flash Drive will not power up after using a MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberconfuzzled

Beta member
Hey Guys

I have an 8GB Emprex flash drive that's been working great on my PC. I recently had to transfer some pretty large files using a MAC (around 500MB). When they were finished transferring, the light on the flash would NOT shut off. For the sake of time, I just unplugged it (and yes, I ejected the drive first). Then, when i tried to use to it on my PC, the flash drive won't even power up. So, I went back to the MAC, and it wouldn't power up on that either. After several attempts, the light finally when back on and worked fine. But every single time I transfer files from a MAC, I have to go through the whole process all over again!
I don't get this problem using my Memorex, but I only transfer small files using it... I don't have enough space on that drive. What's going on????

Weird issue to be having. I've had that happen before on flash drives that I thought were fried, but ended up working again a few days later. Does this happen when you try another flash drive? Could be that the flash drive is dieing.

I tried using my 1GB Memorex and it worked. The emporex must be dying...which sucks considering I just got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom