MSI Radeon 4670

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoddy

Beta member
ok well ima try and summarise my issues so far see if i can get any more help.

ive upgraded to a MSI Radeon 4670 and am having issues with it, i had several crashes while trying to update drivers and several issues which involved my integrated sound card not being detected.

so i tried running in safe mode, deleting all the drivers and starting again with no luck, also ran CCleaner.

my problem is that everything is running so slowly. WoW which would normally take 5 sec to load takes a good 1-2 minutes to load the log in screen, MSN takes a good minute to load, firefox takes 30-40 sec all these things are dramatic increases on what they used to be.

reasons - i have 2 ram sticks same size same brand but diff speeds. however ive tried removing one and it didnt help.

2 - there is a driver issue, despite cleanin and reinstalling theres some residual driver issue that can prob. only be fixed by a full OS reinstall (last resort)

3- there some form of incompatability issue with my motherboard and the GPU (unlikely both PCIE both MSI motherboard is not that old)

4 - there is an incompatability issue with XP, it is afterall a DX10 card therefore a vista certified card. when i install i get a warning that the card is not XP logo tested or something (dunno bout this my old card was vista certified and ran fine)

5 - something i only noticed this morning, my hard drive is brimming full, i only have like 5 gig of free space, i didnt realise and ill try and make more space tonite when i get home from work. neway is it possible that all that crap is slowing the machine down alot?

so neway, any suggestions would be awesome because im pretty much thinking its time to format the HDD as u always get theres a heap of crap on it, and its prob better off just wiping it. im wondering if its just had that many different drivers and stuff on it from changing cards that it needs wiping.

Cheers Knoddy

Use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean out the drivers and reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom