stuck pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.House

In Runtime
Ok,

I have a question, my friend bought a new Thinkpad T500 (I am jealous, but maybe not) and he has a "stuck" pixel on the screen (its bright green).

Lenovos policy is 3 or more, so he cant get it replaced. Any suggestions? (Yes i tried jscreenfix on it already and the eraser/microfiber cloth pressure application trick)

Any suggestions?

Hello,

How long has he had it for, where did he buy it from, and if it wasn't purchased direct from Lenovo, what is the retailer's return policy? The retailer may offer a no quibble refund for unwanted items.

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything else your friend can do. Though, the word sabotage springs to mind as the only available solution to this problem :freak: (if you get what I mean).

Oops, didn't see that bit (fail on my part for skimming posts :laughing:). Sorry heh.

Hello,

How long has he had it for, where did he buy it from, and if it wasn't purchased direct from Lenovo, what is the retailer's return policy? The retailer may offer a no quibble refund for unwanted items.

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything else your friend can do. Though, the word sabotage springs to mind as the only available solution to this problem :freak: (if you get what I mean).

Well I did consider that, but I wondered how one would do that? :p

Also he did buy it direct from lenovo. At this point he is considering a return, I don't blame him, I couldn't even get the hybrid graphics system to work correctly after he did a reinstall (he already had a vista business license and didn't feel like buying another from Lenovo, plus their OEM images are slow as molasses!), what a bummer, he is not happy!

Hello,

A number of users have experienced problems with trying to get the T400/T500 hybrid graphics to work after an OS re-install. With the case of Vista, make sure SP1 is installed as it is required for hybrid graphics to function properly. Also make sure that Hybrid graphics is enabled in the BIOS, and that all the necessary drivers are downloaded and installed (using ThinkVantage System Update which will do it for you automatically) before enabling hybrid graphics in the ThinkVantage Power Manager. More help available at Lenovo Community Forums.

Get your friend to return it to Lenovo if he can. If he can't, then I'm afraid he'll have to put up with the stuck pixel, or do something 'desperate' - this will have to be left to your imagination :p :freak:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom