FINALLY! new build coming (critique)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7200.12's are out now.

If you wait a little bit you'll be able to get one with a 32mb cache.

Well first off thanks for all the posts.

My first thing would be this, am I going to have to mess around with the onboard graphics, I hadn't really realized it had onboard video. Newegg.com - ASUS M3N72-D AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards or Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Would that board be better to go with? Or does anyone have something else in that same price range?
That black edition is soo tempting, but I just cannot afford it. Will do the switch on the ram. HDD is 15 bucks more though, and 250 gb is plenty for me.

I am a little partial to nvidia however. I've always used them, and never had problems, so I have a little bias. Also, just about all the games I play are powered by nvidia. lastly, I have read that the ati cards have a lot of problems with driver updates.

I dont care too much whether it's an ati or nvidia board, I rather have 1 good card, so when they are outdated I don't have two old cards to try to sell.

So I would like to stick with the 9800 gtx+, unless someone can really convince me otherwise.

So I guess my final questions are, will that board I posted just now be better, or is there something else I should grab? And last, any recommendations on a case?

bah, both of those have onboard graphics. I'm not the most tech-saavy and that's something I don't want to have to mess around with. Any boards without onboard video?

I am a little partial to nvidia however. I've always used them, and never had problems, so I have a little bias. Also, just about all the games I play are powered by nvidia. lastly, I have read that the ati cards have a lot of problems with driver updates.

I dont care too much whether it's an ati or nvidia board, I rather have 1 good card, so when they are outdated I don't have two old cards to try to sell.

So I would like to stick with the 9800 gtx+, unless someone can really convince me otherwise.

Even if the games you plan are TWIMTBP the 4870 is still going to be faster than the 9800gtx+. Ati has had driver issues before but they aren't as big of a deal as people make them out to be and are usually fixed by the next release.

The 4870 is just a better card and is a much better value than the 9800gtx+.

Onboard graphics aren't that big of a deal and most amd motherboards have them anyways so it would be difficult to avoid them. I would go with the Biostar 790gx gt7sanremo posted.

Yeah, if you really want to avoid onboard video going with intel is probably the easiest way to do it.

Plus the e8400 is a great cpu and is a incredible overclocker.

the only time where the x3 will outperform the e8400/e8500 is when the app is able to use 3 cores, but even then the e8400 will still give it a run for it's money.

hmm, okay. that cpu is a bit out of my price range, but that board is perfect. what do you guys think of this,

mobo
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
cpu
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
ram
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Will that ram actually be an improvement over pc6400? And will that cpu at the same price as the phenom x3 I picked be faster? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom