no multiplier adjustment in biostar mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
i got a 790gx mobo and i'm trying to find the place where u adjust the multiplier. i have been all over the bios and I CANT FIND IT. its like it doesnt exist. anyone know how you adjust the multiplier in biostar bios?

oh and btw i have 2 pcie slots does that mean i can SLI

Also, you won't be able to adjust the multiplier unless you got a black edition CPU.

i have 7750 kuma black edition.

thanks you guys, now i just need to figure out how to change fsb? its set at 200mhz and i want to set it to something like 205 or 207.

im running amd overdrive autoclock app now, just to see what kind of performnce i can get with that.

i dont really understand though, does amd overdrive change stuff in bios or is it some sort of startup thing when i log in?

Hmm let me remember. You go to overclock section and set it to manual overclock. Then you go into CPU options and unlock overclocking options. There should be options for raising/dropping Vcore and multiplier.

You go into DDR Configuration I think, to set ram timings and speeds.

set it to manual overclock.

TA790GXA2bios-25.jpg

Do you see where it says "CPU FID/VID Control". Click on that and enable overclocking first.

By the way, your 7750 will not handle bus over clocks well. Mine doesn't go past 202 before I start getting issues.

i i found that out for mine. anything 205 and past it would bsod (at least in prime95). oh well. what would you recommend on stock cooling? im just using the v6 auto now. at ~3ghz and runs fine.

btw i gave you a cookie for that screenie. thanx that was the tab i wal looking for. i dont know how they label these things, some have explanations some dont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom