DDR2 Probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybz_tt

Beta member
MARKVISION 1GB DDR2-800MHz

I just upgraded my computer with the above RAM and i'm currently running the same MARKVISION 1GB DDR2-800MHz of RAM. When I start the computer I get no display at all just a blank black screen. Everthing turns on but the computer does not boot, even tried switching the RAM positions. When i take out the new RAM it boots up like normal. Somewhere in the procedure when removing and switching RAMs when i restart i get this message:
DQS Training Failed on previous boot - Reverted to slower RAM speeed. Press F1 to continue.
After pressing F1, the computer boots up fine (with my original RAM)

My PC specs are:

Motherboard: ECS GeForce 7050M - M V2.0
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.69 GHz

and i'm currently running the same MARKVISION 1GB DDR2-800MHz of RAM

Can anyone assist me with some options on how to get the new RAM to work or be recognized? Thanks in advance.

Hey Nitestick, thanks, but i did all of the above. I'm beginning to think it could be my Motherboard now. The thing is though it works fine with the old RAM and my Motherboard is practicaly new. The other thing i noticed that my old RAM is dual channel (i think, because it has the "black chip thing" on both sides of the memory stick) and the new RAM only has it on one side. Could that be the problem when both memory sticks are placed in the slot? Probably they are not compatible? Thanks.

The other thing i noticed that my old RAM is dual channel (i think, because it has the "black chip thing" on both sides of the memory stick) and the new RAM only has it on one side.

that is double sided, not dual channel. however you may be right, there have been compatibility issues in the past when it comes to mixing double and single sided memory.

though if you have indeed tried the new memory on it's own in the slot the old memory was in, i am inclined to suspect the new memory is faulty. it should work fine on it's own.

Hey dude, your motherboard has Dual-channel DDR2 memory architecture so try to use 2 identical memory chips in brand, size and speed, so you can activate the Dual Chanel, and that shouldn't give you any problems, if you are using a chip that is slower than the new one your motherboard will revertto the slower one and that sometimes give you problems.

thanks for the advice fellas. I found the problem, it was indeed a faulty memory cuz i bought another stick of RAM and it worked fine...thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom