PC configuration - advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_BigPhpAmator

Solid State Member
Hi. I am looking for advice. I am going to build desktop tower 4 me as I am still working on P4:).
I dont know anything about current technology and what is new. I know I need something powerfull (for multitask in graphic, some game maybe...) I would like to go with Intel but dont want to spend $1500 just for tower. Could you advice me something reliable (something not developed yesterday but something still on top).
Please advice all (detailet if possible) configraion motherboard, processor, graphic..... and what is important to know if buying/building new computer (I know alredy that AGP is old input now:).
Thank you all.

just tower. I am runing sometimes few graphic programs...and skype:).....and I am dreaming to play some game exp. call of duty LAST NUMBER whateever it is:) LetS not talking about budget. I will wait for some time for more money if its worth....but I am looking for something campare ECONOMIC and POWER

Thx for advice. Tommorow I will check prices but before that.....isnt Intel better than AMD? I had AMD one time and I had lots of problems when I upgrated to riva16 mb:) Even hundreds experts configurated that comp this comp just freze in some moments....thast wsy I dont trust AMD and from that time got Intel. What is your opinion camparing AMD and Intel? Should I stay with Intel? I will pay little more bud I dont need problems.

Thx for advice. Tommorow I will check prices but before that.....isnt Intel better than AMD? I had AMD one time and I had lots of problems when I upgrated to riva16 mb:) Even hundreds experts configurated that comp this comp just freze in some moments....thast wsy I dont trust AMD and from that time got Intel. What is your opinion camparing AMD and Intel? Should I stay with Intel? I will pay little more bud I dont need problems.

That's an arguable statement. I would not say either is better, I would say they both have their strong points and weak points. I have been a die hard AMD fan ever since I got into computers, because the price to performance ratio is unbeatable, in my opinion. I've been using the same AMD Chip and board for the past 7-8 years without any problems from them. I have had problems with the computer, but dealing with electronics, you're bound to have issues at some point in time.

Well....price is not bad but......I would like to try to stay with intel. What do you
think about these processors
1. Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
2. Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
3. Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
4. Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Prices are comparing to AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Retail little more ($50) but parameters seems better or same (bu I wish to stay with intel)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom