One of my monitors was not detected this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I usually leave my computer on over night and I typically just turn the monitors off to save some power usage. Well I tried to turn both of them on today and my primary one wouldn't turn on. It said no input was detected. I had to unplug the DVI cord and power the monitor off and back on to get it to work again.

Is there any way to look at something that might tell me why this happened?

It some what worries me. Not sure if it's hardware or driver issues but I'd like to know.

Did you switch the monitors and see what happened? Re-seat all components, something could be loose.

I just plugged it back in and power cycled the monitor. I know it wasn't loose bcuz i use the little screws on the sides of the cables

This happened again this morning. I had to just turn off the computer complete because I couldn't get the monitor to turn on. I was running late for work so I had to leave it. Does any one know what would cause this?

I am OC but nothing outrageous. 3.24Ghz. I don't see how that would just make my monitors turn off at some point and never come back on.

Look in the event log if you like but it sounds like it could be an issue with your monitor. Try switching the monitors over so primary is secondary and see what happens.

EDIT: I don't just mean in windows. I mean physically as well.

It's not the monitor, I have two and tried both of them (switching) and they both were off. It's probably just these POS ATI drivers...

It can't be my power supply, it's healthy and has plenty of juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom