Intel D925XCV Vista 32-Bit Hardware Conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentMeelker

Solid State Member
Hi everybody. I am new here and have searched the board for help with my problem, but couldn't find my answer. I really would be grateful if someone with experience can help me step by step.

I have an Intel D925XCV board, P4 3.6 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, eVGA Nvidia PCX5750 128 MB video card. I am having my Vista 32-bit system hang, crash IE7 and crash programs and operating system functions randomly and frequently. After a little research, I found out how to run system information and located hardware conflicts/sharing. There are over a dozen listed conflicts, so too many too list here.

Can someone work with me one on one or post back and forth with me until I figure out what is wrong. I have just installed windows vista on this machine and something isn't right..my other computer doesn't crash like this.

:confused:

Ok. Here are the conflicts system info finds. I have also ran the windows vista memory test at boot up and it does NOT show any errors in my installed memory. Please help!

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF Intel(R) 925X/XE PCI Express Root Port - 2585
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

I/O Port 0x00000400-0x0000047F Motherboard resources
I/O Port 0x00000400-0x0000047F Motherboard resources

IRQ 23 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658
IRQ 23 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C

Memory Address 0xFB000000-0xFDFFFFFF Intel(R) 925X/XE PCI Express Root Port - 2585
Memory Address 0xFB000000-0xFDFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

IRQ 16 Intel(R) 925X/XE PCI Express Root Port - 2585
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
IRQ 16 High Definition Audio Controller
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2662
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265B

IRQ 17 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2660
IRQ 17 Marvell Yukon 88E8050 PCI-E ASF Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF Intel(R) 925X/XE PCI Express Root Port - 2585
Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2664
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265A

IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2666
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2652

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) 925X/XE PCI Express Root Port - 2585
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

I/O Port 0x00000500-0x0000053F Motherboard resources
I/O Port 0x00000500-0x0000053F Motherboard resources

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB Intel(R) 925X/XE PCI Express Root Port - 2585
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

You need to install drivers. That is why you have so many conflicts. You need video & chipset for sure. Between those that will resolve the majority of your issues.

Get the latest drivers from the nvidia site for your video card and from the mother board manufacturer's site.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I will go get what updates I can...thing is...I can't figure out how to do the chipset driver updates? I extract the files as per instructions, to an 'Intel' folder in Program Files, but then how do I install them? I manually have gone to device manager, click on PCI Bus or 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2662 (or any of the like), tried practically all of them...manually search for the driver in the folder because windows always says I have the most up to date version, but I can't find my device in the Intel folder when I search....only different devices in there that I don't have.

Please be patient with me and know I GREATLY appreciate you helping me...this is the computer at my mother's and she depends on it and knows less than I do about these things.

Did the driver package come with any type of executable file to install the drivers? If not go into the device manager and click on a device. Like the USB. From there say you will select the location of the file and lead it to the folder you just extracted. That should allow them to be put in the driver store and update. That is teh hard way.

Alright found the Intel Page for your mobo.

All the drivers are for XP. So you might have issues with Vista.

Source

I dont see anywhere listed that they have Vista Drivers. So it could very well be that the mobo is to outdated for Vista to run on it correctly.

Alright we can try this.

Click Me

That is the Chipset for XP Pro 32 Bit. Download that and right click on the file. From there select properties. Now click the compatibility Tab. Check the box for Compatibiltiy Mode. Use the drop down box for XP SP2. Check the box for Run as Admin as well. The click okay and run the file.

INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets

That was the link to the chipset download I was trying...it says it supports my chipset (925X series) and Vista 32-bit, which I am running. Weird they don't list it under my board...it is in the main downloads page as a recent download or popular one, I guess.

Came with an executable. I first turned UAC off and had rebooted prior to trying it. It extracts all the files and then has be agree to a license terms....says finished installing files...click finish....and nothing...I manually rebooted, but most people say it should prompt you to reboot. I come back from a reboot, check device manager and nothing has changed, all old files from 2006, from the install source. I should also make you aware that in addition to the conflicts in system properties, under PCI Bridge in device manager, I have a 'Memory Range 40000000 - FFFFFFFF not available' error, under it's resource tab. I do NOT have an exclamation marks next to anything or any devices not showing, though.

Ugghh...I don't get it....I ran the microsoft memory checker at startup and no errors.

Try right clicking the executable file and using the Run as Admin option.

Same result if I try that. Admin mode is already default because I have UAC disabled.

Next I went to each system component that needed updating and manually selected the 'ALL folder' for drivers instead of the Vista folder. The Vista folder does NOT contain drivers for my components. The drivers in the ALL folder allowed me to install them and had a date in Sept 06 versus June 06 from the default drivers....I updated each chipset component, rebooted windows and still memory error on PCI Bus and system info results the same.

I been reading and some people say it is perfectly normal to have numerous devices listed in system info under conflicts/sharing??? they said devices have shared IRQ slots, etc since long ago...perfectly normal...that they are not conflicts, just sharing. Is this true? Even so, why do I have this memory access error on the PCI Bus?

Sorry to tell you, but Admin mode is not on. Vista only creates a Power User account with Admin rights. The real Admin account is hidden. Check the Widnows area for information on that.

There should not be any yellow ! in your device manager. Ever. Yes IRQ Conflicts can happen. But they shouldnt. They can be shared but it wont show up as a conflict.

What PCI Devices do you have installed?

Alright. I enabled the hidden account and finally got the chipset drivers installed. It may be a coincidence, but I have not had another system hang or crash since I installed them...but only had the pc on for a couple hours so far. The memory access error is still there under PCI bus though....this is what I'm the most worried about, regardless of system issues I'm experiencing....

The system information does not specify if these things listed in my first post are conflicts or just being shared, how do I know the difference? I ran a detailed report in system health report, and it did not list any hardware issues.

I actually have 0 standard PCI devices installed....only a PCI-E graphics card (eVGA Nvidia PCX5750). I have no other cards installed. I am using the onboard LAN, onboard Audio.

I tried installing Vista SP1 via manual download and it would not install. This must also verify something is wrong, unless I needed to download all the windows updates prior to SP1, because I have not installed any.

I would install the updates pre-SP1 as there are a couple of prerequisite files in those updates. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom