Help with a build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay sounds good. I asked because it was free, but I rather pay for a reliable one than take a chance with a free one. Do i need to order any other cables or is the stuff on my wish list good? Thanks again Gt7.

All my stuff arrives tomorrow... :D. One question, I have XP on my current PC, can I use the same XP disc/ code on the new PC or will I need to buy a new OS?

You might be able to, it's not exactly legal. I think you can just call Microsoft and tell them you got a new hard drive and had to reformat. Then you might be able to use the same code. I don't know though.

Well The PC is up and running and I am BEYOND pleased with the results of it! I did manage to register Windows without having to call MS. It went thru with no problems. I can't believe how much faster everything is now, and I'm kicking myself in the *** for waiting this long to actually make the upgrade. Thanks everyone for all of your help and input especially you gt7!

The Case has a firewire port on the top of it with the accompanying cable of course but we couldn't find the port to plug it into on the MoBo. There was one port that we thought could be the one but nothing in the Manual for the MoBo identified it as such so we didn't take the chance hooking it up. Anyone know if that Mobo even has a Firewire port?

Well it isn't really a big deal to me because the only thing I have that actually utilizes the use of a firewire is our home video camera. So if the situation arises where I would like to get video from the camera on to my PC, do I have any other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom