FINALLY! new build coming (critique)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.) Hybrid is virtually useless, as it only extends its support to extremely low end cards e.g. the HD 4370 is the highest (64bit memory bus...ouch!). However, Hybrid mode is actually compatible and more useful when using the older 2600XT (does not support 2900XT). If you can manage, find a used/new MSI RXT2600 512mb DDR4, results will be decently good but use of the 4350 in Hybrid, is slower than the IGP alone. Consider in just getting the cheapest 4500 series card by itself...it's virtually the same result.
I pulled this from newegg reviews. This owner was happy with his board. Is there any stock in this quote?
AMD AM2+/AM2 Platform
Support latest AMD Phenom X4 , X3 / Athlon /Sempron processors
AMD 140W processor support
AMD 790GX Chipset with ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics
On Board 64MB DDR2 Side-Port memory
Dual-Channel DDR2 -1066/800/667/533
ATI Hybrid Graphics Support
Superior scaling with ATI CrossFireX technology
Integrated HDMI/DVI interface with HDCP Support 1080P HD Video Experience
AMD OverDrive Utility Support
PCI Express 2.0 Support
PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture is offering a future-proofing bridge to tomorrow's most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications by maximizing 5 GT/s of bandwidth. PCI Express 2.0 motherboards are fully backwards compatible with existing PCI Express products for broad support of PC peripherals
this from manufactures web site

Don't get that hard drive. Get this one, it's only 5 bucks more, 70gb more, and it's not an RE. And it's in stock.

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Also, grab this RAM. You don't need DDR2 1066, and this set has better timings/is cheaper after a MIR.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Or this set, if you don't want a MIR to deal with.

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I second the video card recommendation from gt7...also, if you can afford to, get this processor instead of the 710:

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Black edition, overclocks better.

Seagates are fine. The only ones that are really having problems are the higher capacity ones with perpendicular recording/32mb cache. The one I mentioned has a 16mb, and is under 500gb. It's fine.

By the way, not all of the 1.5tb drives are bad, mine runs fine.

EDIT: Nice catch on that 4870.

If Seagate can't even get it right for a massive client like IBM then why should they get it right for the little guys? This isn't even a question of the technologies in use or which drives are good and which are bad - the simple fact is that there must be a lack of quality control that you may as well avoid by buying from a different company.

As if WD never had quality issues. ;)

The only drives with problems right now are the higher 7200.11 series, and really, it's mostly centered around the 1.5tb. The rest of the drives are completely fine. I'm not going to boycott Seagate just because they came out with a bad batch of drives. If I did that, I would never recommend WD again either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom