Help with a build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, you can keep the 1Tb drive, you don't have to get what I say, I just offered suggestions. Don't let that keep you from making your own decisions ;) The quad is a good choice too, it will be able to handle ripping two DVDs at once. I don't know if a dual can do it, never tried.

Yea, you can keep the 1Tb drive, you don't have to get what I say, I just offered suggestions. Don't let that keep you from making your own decisions ;) The quad is a good choice too, it will be able to handle ripping two DVDs at once. I don't know if a dual can do it, never tried.

Indeed you don't have to get what he said, but I would pay close attention to his recommendations. In my short time on the forums, he has helped me quite a bit and I have seen others recommend the same gear that he does.

Is not having that extra x16 pci-e slot a big deal?
Awesome! One more thing... while those cases are good, I realize they are gaming cases, which I will have no use for since I don't game and my tower isn't out on display. Recommend a simple case that will accomodate my parts? Thanks for all of your help!
Indeed you don't have to get what he said, but I would pay close attention to his recommendations. In my short time on the forums, he has helped me quite a bit and I have seen others recommend the same gear that he does.
Yea I'm definitely taking notes on all of this and I'm coming to a decision shortly.

Since you're not into gaming that much, the extra pci-e slot wouldn't be a big deal. Unless, in the future you get into gaming then you can add another card for Crossfire. It's up to you, the extra pci-e can keep your options open for upgrades.

This is a good case:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Ok cool... yea I doubt I will get into PC gaming. I tried it a few times and always reverted back to console gaming. I'll be sticking with consoles. With all the stuff listed, case included, will that be all that I need or are there any small things that I'm missing?
Thanks... every little bit counts.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom