Could you guys help me in building a computer please? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehee, thanks for all your help everyone- i placed my order ( after New egg refused to take the order for nearly 3 days o_O Omg it was such a headache!) I had to take out 1 GTX 285 because my mom called asking for a $1,000 load out of the blue lol..

But i can always buy a 2nd one later right? ^_^

1 GTX 285 But i can always buy a 2nd one later right?
Yes but if you wait too terribly long they might be old technology and then the answer is NO. 15months after my build my 8800gts 640mb are non-existant:(

Oh i plan on buying another for him ( Or he can buy his own :p ) within a month or two =P

=O But if new technology comes in, cant i buy a better card- and combine it with the GTX 285 for like a better thing? :eek:

:)http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/can-i-sli-2-same-gpu-brand-just-different-model-191832/

Doesn't have to be "identical" as clock speeds, manufacturer, and memory can vary but, the GPUs must be identical. Both the 7900 GT and 7950 GT are both G71 GPUs so it's plausible, but a long shot, for it to work.

Two slightly different video cards in SLI?

The i7 platform just hit market and will be around for a while, along with your gpu. Should be able to get one 8-10 months from now maybe Christmas time:)
Your new system's gonna run circles around mine even without the second gpu

hehee, i just hope i can hook everything up right- i forgot i installed a PSU unit too..so i guess i have more experience then i thought ^_^

Electrostatic Discharge on CPU?
if your not familiar with electrostatic discharge and how to prevent it .....get familiar
Whenever I work on a computer, if I'm on carpet especially, I keep touching the case or the metal of the desk to discharge the static electricity.
If you wish you can do a little pre-reading from your motherboard manual here if this is the right mb
BIOSTAR

Oh no...more stuff to memorize @_@

Whats a strap, and a PS they said to touch first? Gosh..i didn't know about stuff like that =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom