Hi old..im new

Status
Not open for further replies.

GadgetCollectorMOM

Solid State Member
:D Hello everyone, i thought this be the best bet to first post here. All forums are different..rules and such. I just found this site today and thought it was very informative and would like to be active on it.

At this point next to you all im a noob lol but in my family and hubbies family im known as the geek. My hubby and i fix peoples computers..most of the time for free. I deal with the software but know the basics about hardware, my hubby deals with the hardware and knows the basics about software.
I want to join the other side lol teach me you all knowing ones!! :laughing:

First off let me ask a question i have been pondering today, i just bought a new computer bundle (you will laugh at the one im using right now..but its better then my inlaws at least) im waiting for my new desktop to be shipped in for me to pick up.
Im a researcher and love to find the best deals and best gadgets for my needs.
im a BIG multitasker on the pc..tends to freeze up my computer a lot lol i run photoshop cs2 and many other programs with email/firefox w/ extra tabs ..i can't seem to just do ONE thing.

My processor now is a intel celeron 2.40 and im upgrading to intel core 2 quad 2.40
im into photo editing and video editing software, what i have learned is that processor would best benefit me no? i love to get something that can keep up with my demands and as my demands grow each year.

I was researching Rams today and im afraid i overkilled by getting a 8gb ram? My editing software and gaming...with all my multitasking i do i would hope that getting a 8gb instead of 4gb would benefit me in the longrun.

Im behind in times because i just learned these past weeks what a firewire was!!! lol which is including in my new pc, my gadgets now demand it.

sorry i typed so much..i tend to do that (i talk too much too lol)
hope i learn a lot from you guys here! i have a lot of questions i want to ask but im sticking to a few for now lol

Welcome to Tech-Forums. We will try to edu-ma-cate you. ;)

8 gigs is fine, but only if you have a 64-bit version of Windows (I assume Vista). 32-bit can only handle up to 3.5 gigs. Other than that, enjoy it.

Of course, you will soon see that we recommend building your own. You can get a much better rig for the same money, especially after you learn a few tricks here and there.

yes, i luv to build :)
thing is everything in my computer needed upgraded, i was thinking of installing a firewire card when i looked inside and saw there was no room for upgrades :(
i have a 70gb hard drive at times was running on 1gb free space lol (my pictures/videos take up a lot of space)

i was recommended a portable hard drive, which i now love! western my passport 500gb, first day i unloaded 40gb of files to it.

this computer will have 650gb harddrive which will be fine for now..once i get comfortable with it ill upgrade.
i just needed a better starter, you know?

i got the gateway lx series bundle (22'inch flatscreen im still getting used to) for only $899 (im giving my old computer and the new printer to my inlaws) everything it comes with im happy about...except the graphics card.
i was fine with that because i know how to upgrade that..i did with my last computer..of course its outdated and won't support vista?

im getting the vista 64bit in the new one.

ill be learning more about graphics card in the future then anything else :)

Welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom